Electronic drums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic drums??

We have a lead on a drummer...he's got an electronic kit. Also has the P.A. for them to be heard. I have no experience in this area, will (should) they sound pretty decent?? We are trying to set up a time to jam with him, but I was just wondering what to expect.

Our drummer uses an e-drum set-up that sounds great!!! He's got some killer samples, for sure.

I think that you will be surprised!

Good luck!

A~
    All hail the 'King'
    R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

honestly Jeri, I and my pals have always been able to distinguish an electronic drum backing versus a real drums. But, I'm talking about 10-15 years ago when bands like godflesh used electronic drums. they always sounded artificial. but who knows, with newer stuff, he might sound better than the real ones. Good luck!
        Sam

Comment

Most of the ones I've heard sound good

Comment

The newer ones sound good but they can be a pain in the ass to hear on stage or in a practice situation. Just like any electronics, if you put a maniac behind the controls, ass is what you will hear.

Comment

My buddy has the Roland TD-20 kit and it sounds like real drums - even the cymbals sound real! He has a small PA - 16-channel Peavey board, CS-800 and pair of Peavey Neo 2-way 15" and horn cabs, and they sound great! Plus I can go over there, plug into the Digitech 2101 that's run into the board, and we can jam at conversational level and sound great!

Setup live is also a lot quicker because instead of setting up several mics, he just hands the soundman a 1/4" cord, or maybe 2 for stereo

It just depends on what kit he has, and if his PA's loud enough to keep up with y'all at the volume you play at. Hope you don't have to turn down for the drummer!
              Last edited by lerxstcat; 03-21-2008, 11:22 PM.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, well, it's all just "iffy" right now. We may never meet or jam. I was just kind of wondering what to expect.

Comment

My drummer got a roland kit and it sounds awesome! We can jam with headphones on at 3am and no complaints. Its a case where yeah the acoustic kits can sound better and theres the whole image of them, but fact is man they're practical and usable!

Comment

I have a Roland TD-12 - it's freakin' awesome. Sounds great. My drummer still prefers to use my acoustic kit - it certainly feels better.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i know a guy who had some, they were pretty good! and very easy to travel with!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                        I was just wondering what to expect.
                        Well, sis, you could probably expect them to sound something like my Roland set......which you've heard many times .
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                        X