Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Stingray" death

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...47088#23747088

Spotted Eagle Ray jumps out of water and collides with woman on boat killing her. Damn, the woman was just hangin out on her boat and a dang fish jumps out of the water and kills her.

Matt

Fractured her skull when she was knocked to the deck.
    Man that just sucks. Not a damn thing anyone could have done about it either.

Just one of those freak things.
    -Rick

Comment

wow, freak accident....

Comment

I heard that the doc who did the examination concluded that she was killed by the impact of the ray, and not from falling. Poor lady, and poor ray. I just hope this doesn't result in another Eagle Ray killing spree like what happened after Steve Irwin's incident. After all, she was in HIS territory. Thankfully, her family is being realistic about it and not making a big deal with a full autopsy. Shit happens, and it was just her time to go.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The only flukes in the ocean come on whales. The people that decide to venture out in other than our element get's what they get. As Super Chicken said; " You knew the job was dangerous when you took it. Bak Bak, Bak,Bak":ROTF:
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Sad story, but you have to know your time's up when something that freakish unusual happens....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There's a problem now on some American rivers that have been invaded by some Asian carp species that are pretty damn big and are also jumping out of the water and beaning people on boats. Not quite as big as that stingray but still possibly big enough to hurt or kill someone, I think they go 25-30 lbs or so.

At least the stingray is indigenous; the carps are from Asia and apparently being dumped out of people's fishtanks when they get too big. Or perhaps coming from ballast tanks, not sure which.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                The only flukes in the ocean come on whales.
                Or if you are an electrician and drop your meter off a boat.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                X