X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cuba

Article on Cuba in the Calgary Herald

article link

The most interesting thing in it for me is that writer blames both Castro's marxism and the US trade embargo for the economic blight in Cuba. Why hasn't Canada done something or Europe? How about a Canadian economic stimulus package. The European economy as a whole is as big or bigger than the US now. There is no European or Canadian embargo. Why don't they "wash the Communists out to sea on a tidal wave of [Euro's and Loonies] from investment, trade and tourism". The writer is happy to spend my money propping up Cuban dictators but not his own. I think Canadians and Europeans should get together and show us how it is done.

I think we should make Cuba a state. Make a 10 yr ban on applying for welfare or any govt hand outs though.

Comment

I thought the post was about a 'Roland Cube'. More cube?? Maybe a 2x12 Cube 100 Watts? :ROTF:
      Sam

Comment

I've never tried a Cube. I have a KC 150 I like.

Comment

Cuba could be a very lucrative tourist location. Every other island around it is. The whole population could work in the resort hotels and all the other industries a tourist economy will have.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
            Cuba could be a very lucrative tourist location. Every other island around it is. The whole population could work in the resort hotels and all the other industries a tourist economy will have.
            Are you suggesting Capitalism?

Why, there is nothing better than the Castro version of Communism!
            Everyone is equally miserable, except the ones in power. Just ask the brilliant intellectuals like Moore, Sarandon, Clooney, O'Donnel, etc! He is the People's Leader!

Comment

I like how we pick and choose what Communism is bad and which is good.

Cuba=Bad!

China=Good!

Who has the worse human rights record?

Fuckin' hypocrites. All of em.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

China buys more of our stuff

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  China buys more of our stuff
                  I think that's the other way around, chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    I think that's the other way around, chief.
                    Not really... Cuba buys nothing from us. The little trade embargo takes care of that.

I know, I'm being a sarcastic smart ass.
                    -Rick

Comment

Well it's all the liberals fault anyway so who gives a fuck?

But still, Cuba is the Devil. China is God.

Maybe if Cuba had the money to bail out our fucked up economy we'd all be summering in Havana.

Comment

Right - I meant China buys more of our stuff then Cuba. I'm not sure whether China buys more from us than we do from them... it probably depends on what you count. If you count them buying our debt it might get tricky.

Comment

I don't mind that so much, it is just acknowledging reality. There are no countries that don't trade with China in protest of their human rights record and it is a major world economy. Are you suggesting it is better to put pressure on all oppressive states equally, irregardless of international cooperation or to drop all attempts to influence any oppressive states, like the Canadians and Europeans?

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                          I like how we pick and choose what Communism is bad and which is good.

Cuba=Bad!

China=Good!

Who has the worse human rights record?

Fuckin' hypocrites. All of em.

Comment

Originally posted by Tashtego View Post
                            I don't mind that so much, it is just acknowledging reality. There are no countries that don't trade with China in protest of their human rights record and it is a major world economy. Are you suggesting it is better to put pressure on all oppressive states equally, irregardless of international cooperation or to drop all attempts to influence any oppressive states, like the Canadians and Europeans?
                            If we are going to pick and choose which one benefits us more, then drop all pressure all together. It's hypocritical either way you slice it. So if China is OK because they loan us money and make cheap shit to fill Wal-Mart, how is Cuba worse?

Because the embargo is working. Right?

Comment

The embargo is fine for the US. I don't miss Cuba trade, there are plenty of other Carribbean destinations to go to. No need to change from our perspective. My point in posting the article is that there are plenty of countries that never even held the pretense of coupling representative government and trade relations. If citizens of those countries are fretting about the economic state of these partners they are welcome to invest their own money. Why does the US even come up in this article?

Comment

Working...
                              X