My Iron Maiden Dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Iron Maiden Dilemma...

I just have to vent here. Maiden are coming on June 9th. I've only seen them once (Dec 3 1984 World Slavery Tour) and I'm dying to go. The other 3 times they've been here something out of my control has prevented me from going.

This time is no different. My daughter's first dance recital. I am super bummed out about this. Getting my Live After Death DVD in the mail this week hasn't helped any. I probably shouldn't be so fucking obsessed with this thing, but I can't help it.I can't miss her recital, there's no ifs ands or butts about that. They're at the same fucking time!

They are playing Regina the night before and it's like a 6 hour drive. I may go to that one. My brother wants to go with me. The logistics of it are simple - drive out in the morning to Regina. Go to the show and right after the show, turn around and head home. Get home in morning and the wife goes to work while I sleep until the evening recital.

Now I just have to convince her it's a good idea. I'm gonna use the "It can be my birthday present" trump card. Wish me luck!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

What ever you do, make sure you go see them. Do what ever you have to do! They are as good (if not better) as you remembered them from back in 84, you WONT regret it!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, you need to go to this show. I'm trying to get to Seattle, Vancouver and maybe Calgary.... 12 hours in a car will be worth it, especially if it means you get to go to the recital and keep everyone happy!
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dude.... I don't want to mess with your head. I really don't.

Family comes first, but they are kicking major ass on this tour. Best concert I've seen in quite some time.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I'm really wanting to see this show as well, however the price for decent tickets, since i missed out on opening day ticket sales is ridiculous.
          I would pay a pretty chunk of change to see them if their set list was better, and longer. I wish they were playing more songs, and some more of their good stuff.

Comment

That's tough. I love my daughter, but I love Iron Maiden.

Bring her to the concert?

I took two of my kids to Maiden in 2003. They were 3 (almost 4) and 6 years old at the time.

I've seen Maiden many times, but I'm going to try my best to see them again this year.

Comment

Okay, life just got a hell of a lot better.

Me and my brother made plans to drive to Regina and see them the day before. A nice little roadtrip to Saskatchewan sounds like a fucking blast. Get a hotel and crash there after the show and drive home in the morning.

So any of you prairie dog who are going to the Regina show, lets make plans to meet up for a beer or five before the show!
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                Okay, life just got a hell of a lot better.

Me and my brother made plans to drive to Regina and see them the day before. A nice little roadtrip to Saskatchewan sounds like a fucking blast. Get a hotel and crash there after the show and drive home in the morning.
                Indeed, you are making the right call! I made my daughter's first dance recital last year, and the look on her face when I walked in the room was priceless!

That being said, I wore my Beast on the Road shirt from '82 the last time I saw Maiden (about 3-4 years ago?). Best part of that - some dude comes up to me, legal beer in hand, and says "Dude - I wasn't even BORN when that tour happened!!!"...

Yes, laughs and jokes about my own impending mortality were had... :ROTF:
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

It will be woth it men!!! I just saw them last week and the rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                  '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                  custom made Les Paul
                  VOX Tonelab LE
                  Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                  ADA MP1
                  BBE 422A
                  Lexicon MPX-G2
                  ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                  Support Your Local 81

Comment

Floor tickets, mofos. Floor tickets.
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Killer! You won't regret it, i assure you.
                      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X