Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of lookin for a drummer

It's been over a month or so...

Just in this last week, we've had 2 NO-SHOWS!! Assholes. Hell, if you're not interested..just tell someone. Don't have us all set aside time for you and then just blow us off. Oh, if you DO show up, be able to play your kick ass kit that you paid more for than my car is worth. If we give you a CD and 10 days to learn 4 (yep 4) freakin tunes..LEARN THEM.

Anyway..the search continues. 6 cancelled shows so far. Hope there are no more.

Over a month? That's not really long, one of my bands is looking for a drummer for exactly 1 year now

Good luck finding a good one..
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
      Over a month? That's not really long, one of my bands is looking for a drummer for exactly 1 year now

Good luck finding a good one..

Damn, that's reassuring :ROTF: No offense bro..a year? Wow. We'll self destruct way before then

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        Damn, that's reassuring
        Yeah indeed it is, hope you don't come to a point where you can hardly stand any drummer

We're trying to keep busy writing & arranging stuff, that you can also do while the search continues!
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thank fuck for multi-track recorders. I never have problems with band members at all, let alone drummers. I used a drum machine before getting a keyboard with non-tacky sounding drums.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I searched for a drummer for 5 years for a death metal project, finally found one that was stuck in his parents basement at 35, we could only practice on sundy mornings when they went to church *ironic some?*
            and then finally after 3 years with him and NO shows played I said fuck it and stopped playing death metal hahahahahahahahaha

Now I am in a heavy groove band and it kicks fuckin ass, super heavy and there seem to be no shortage of those drumemrs hahaha

maybe change up your style a bit with no serious compromise! and or I'll shut the fuck up! hahaha anyhow good luck either way, but a month is not long at all, I'm surprised there was that many people to try out, let alone blow you off, keep at it!

C

Comment

Give it time dude, this is a specially busy time of the year for drummers.
              With the Final Four and all sports, pizza deliveries are booming right now.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Ben There Done that. I always kept a list of previous times when we did auditions and sure enough, someone called that had stiffed me last time.

ME:You are the guy who stiffed us last time.
                Drummer: Are you sure?
                ME: Ya, I have you name right here I even called you 1 hour before the audition to verify and you said you would be there
                Drummer: Oh....well, can I come down anyways?
                ME: Fuck off you Dickhead *click*

Then there was the guy who called at 2:30 in the morning
                Drummer: I am calling about the drummer ad u have in the paper
                ME: Do you know what frekin time it is?
                Drummer: Ya, It's 2:30
                ME: You are seriously calling me at 2:30 in the morning for the drummer ad?
                Drummer: Ya

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                  Ben There Done that. I always kept a list of previous times when we did auditions and sure enough, someone called that had stiffed me last time.

ME:You are the guy who stiffed us last time.
                  Drummer: Are you sure?
                  ME: Ya, I have you name right here I even called you 1 hour before the audition to verify and you said you would be there
                  Drummer: Oh....well, can I come down anyways?

Then there was the guy who called at 2:30 in the morning
                  Drummer: I am calling about the drummer ad u have in the paper
                  ME: Do you know what frekin time it is?
                  Drummer: Ya, It's 2:30
                  ME: You are seriously calling me at 2:30 in the morning for the drummer ad?
                  Drummer: Ya

I don't know what it is with drummers. The only one we get get to show up back in the day was a jazz type. He sucked, but was always there!
                  We even showed up at one drummer's house and loaded his rig while he slept, then kicked his lazy butt out of bed.

Comment

It's been over a month or so...

Just in this last week, we've had 2 NO-SHOWS!! Assholes. Hell, if you're not interested..just tell someone. Don't have us all set aside time for you and then just blow us off. Oh, if you DO show up, be able to play your kick ass kit that you paid more for than my car is worth. If we give you a CD and 10 days to learn 4 (yep 4) freakin tunes..LEARN THEM.

Get a drum machine and a cardboard cutout of a drummer. They'll show up reliably, play when you want them to, and most importantly, STFU when you want them to!

Seriously, sorry to hear it. You guys go through more drummers than Spinal Tap, don't you? Just try to keep your chin up, someone will appear sooner or later!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                      Give it time dude, this is a specially busy time of the year for drummers.
                      With the Final Four and all sports, pizza deliveries are booming right now.
                      :ROTF:

Good luck with that jb!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post

I don't know what it is with drummers. The only one we get get to show up back in the day was a jazz type. He sucked, but was always there!
                        We even showed up at one drummer's house and loaded his rig while he slept, then kicked his lazy butt out of bed.
                        Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                        Get a drum machine and a cardboard cutout of a drummer. They'll show up reliably, play when you want them to, and most importantly, STFU when you want them to!
                        How come drummers are all the same, everywhere throughout the universe?
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Ha, and I thought my drummer experiences were unique!

Good luck with the search, Jeri.
                          Scott

Comment

Too much!

Man, and I thought it sucked when ours quit for NO reason 2 hours before a show! At least we were able to pre-record some drum machine trax in that time...but lo and behold, we actually were able to find a guy roller blading on the beach boardwalk 10 minutes before the gig (it was a party in Mission Beach on the front porch) that agreed to stand in on the warm-up band's drumkit....we would just tell him to do a "basic rock 4/4" for an hour, and we would play over it...the dude rocked, but already had a steady band...

As it turned out, it was the funnest show ever, until the cops showed up - go figure, stranger things have happened!

And that would have been the last show I did with Hard-N-Moist.... :ROTF:
                            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Reason most drummers are like that is...

Too many people picked it up just because they thought drums were "Cool" and don't actually have a musicians heart or drive...Thats NOT TO SAY all drummers are like that...Just a hell of a percentage out there got into it for the..."Yeah....so...I...like am a drummer in this huge band..."

We have had times where we did just use a drum machine...so...

TIP 1#

IF...you do get a few of these strange animals to audition...I would not go by the drum kit...(I know...thats a tough one…we all loves a big ass drum kit behind us) but by potential and attitude...find out if they play guitar at all...THAT seems to be the ticket! Then they have an understanding of what the big picture is...

Our drummer is 18...His parents are behind him 100%...
                              He took his hard earned dishwashing $$$ and invested it into a nice kit...
                              His Dad plays guitar and so does he...
                              He wasn't the best drummer we tried those auditions BUT...
                              he was humble and he was the only one who "Knew" the songs and also
                              the ONLY ONE who critiqued himself...
                              When he fucked something up he just kept the time with his hihat till he regrouped himself...

Other drummers were fucking up and stopping! Then after the song they would pat themselves on the back! "Shit...That was awesome!!!" Then one of use would bark..."NEVER EVER stop!"
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                              X