No announcement yet.

The History of Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, okay, which one of our metal heroes here do you most associate yourself with?

I think I'd fall somewhere between Thrash and Prog — unkempt clothing, fights the dragon (doesn't say he killed it), bores the princess.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

EDIT: Where's neoclassical metal?
      Last edited by Axewielder; 03-17-2008, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Somewhere between Heavy Metal, and Power Metal.
        I'm vintage.

Comment

You also left out British heavy metal:
          The warrior also arrive on a Harley. He sings about wearing leather and kills the dragon by performing a two part harmony with his swords. The princess offers him a "reward", but he turns it down because he is gay

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            EDIT: Where's neoclassical metal?
            OK I'll answer my own question.

NEOCLASSICAL METAL:
            The warrior arrives on horseback, armed with a sword and ready for battle. The dragon is heavily armored, but the warrior is the master of "ripping through scales". He makes tender love to the princess while humming Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries".

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              The warrior also arrive on a Harley. He sings about wearing leather and kills the dragon by performing a two part harmony with his swords. The princess offers him a "reward", but he turns it down because he is gay

OMG:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post

if it's British Heavy Metal, wouldn't he arrive on a Triumph or BSA, wearing a denim jacket with a Saxon backpatch?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, late, covered in oil because he'll have had to re-build the fucking thing twice on the way.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

and if we are talking british metal, you have to mention something about poor teeth, taking the piss, and the word dodgy, Also if it were a triumph or BSA the electrical system would have failed at least once on the way too!

C

Comment

Isn't there a canadian metal part, something Fubar, or

The warrior arrives in a Tim Hortons truck with a sword made of poutine, he apologizes for pretty much everything, then says please alot, the princess loses interest because he's wearing plaid flannel, and lives in an igloo, Eh.

C

Comment

Canadian Metal is made of win. Slight correction though

The warrior arrives in a Tim Hortons truck... = The warrior skates up to a Timmies drivethou before arriving...

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                          Also if it were a triumph or BSA the electrical system would have failed at least once on the way too!
                          Nah, unless they had Lucas components in them. That's "Lucas - Prince of Darkness" as they are known in the Jaguar factory!

Italian bikes are a bastard for shit electrics. Their love of spaghetti extends to making their wiring looms out of it.

Sooo, while we are at it:
                          Italian Metal

Hero arrives on Benelli with serious electrical problems. He hears it backfire, and surrenders immediately. Spends next few months pinching Princess' arse and hogging the mirror.
                          Sings some Europop pap but because he has leather trousers on, it is immediately classed as Metal by Wop press. Mimes a bad guitar solo, with his shirt open to navel and a big fucking medallion.
                          Dragon stomps him into pulp. Everyone cheers.
                          The end.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                          X