KFC goes Black Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
    KFC and their Ad Execs are douche bags. It's stupid/silly (though funny) ads like this that give Metal (the whole genre) a bad name and poor overall image. Nine out of ten viewers who see this 'commercial' will not know Black Metal from Thrash Metal (etc. etc.) They'll lump it all in as "Metal" and make the generalization that all metal is stupid and infantile like that.

We already have enough problems trying to be taken seriously (as fans and 'crafters' of the genre of Metal music) and then this comes along. For shame Colonel Sanders!

And BTW, how about Pepsi-Co (or whomever currently owns the franchise) call it Kentucky Fried Chicken again, instead of KFC.

Though I do like the extra crispy. Mmmmm extra crispy.
    Agreed, to a point. But they have also tried to go to the "other side", with hip hop, rap culture. Does anyone there have any clue how ingrained "fried chicken, or watermelon jokes" go with blacks, especially in the South? What a stupid call that was. And, don't forget about the Colonel doing his break dance moves and so forth.
    Another chain that's completely lost it is Wendy's. Dave Thomas was perfect. WTF are they thinking with this dork running around with the Wendy's wig?
    Don't expect anything resembling humour or intelligence coming from these clowns.

But, I still laughed at it. I figure the image won't be more damaging for metal, than what has already happened.

Comment

We already have enough problems trying to be taken seriously (as fans and 'crafters' of the genre of Metal music) and then this comes along. For shame Colonel Sanders!
      as a black Jewish amputee lesbian feminist, I can honestly say I feel your pain. They've set back the cause of Metal 50 years.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        as a black Jewish amputee lesbian feminist, I can honestly say I feel your pain. They've set back the cause of Metal 50 years.
        I'm calling bullshit on this cause I know for a fact toowoomba wouldn't let you into the town if you were any of those things

Comment

Comment

+10! Made my morning. Coffee, almost, came out my nose.

Comment

KFC= Kill Fuckin' Christians

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                If the Catholics invaded your home land and took away your religion, you'd probably burn down their churches, too. :ROTF:
                Where did I hear/read something about some of the churches that got burned were Pagan churches before they were Christian churches? Somebody was criticizing the arsonists for their stupidity in not even understanding what they were destroying.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                  Where did I hear/read something about some of the churches that got burned were Pagan churches before they were Christian churches? Somebody was criticizing the arsonists for their stupidity in not even understanding what they were destroying.
                  Hey, any excuse to raise a skull of Mead!

Comment

that was ridiculously hilarious
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Grim and Frostbitten Chicken Breasts

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                        I'm calling bullshit on this cause I know for a fact toowoomba wouldn't let you into the town if you were any of those things

says the man from Newcastle....
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          If the Catholics invaded your home land and took away your religion, you'd probably burn down their churches, too. :ROTF:
                          But those aren't Catholic churches anymore in Norway, they're Protestant churches of some kind, I'm sure. And no one invaded, their own kings converted and made them convert too.

Besides, what kind of Vikings take 1,000 years to get their nerve up enough to take their revenge? Pretty weak if you ask me! :ROTF:
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

KFC and their Ad Execs are douche bags. It's stupid/silly (though funny) ads like this that give Metal (the whole genre) a bad name and poor overall image. Nine out of ten viewers who see this 'commercial' will not know Black Metal from Thrash Metal (etc. etc.) They'll lump it all in as "Metal" and make the generalization that all metal is stupid and infantile like that.

And BTW, how about Pepsi-Co (or whomever currently owns the franchise) call it Kentucky Fried Chicken again, instead of KFC.

Though I do like the extra crispy. Mmmmm extra crispy.

On this I have to agree - Metal is always portrayed in advertising as being for/by a bunch of retards with 1 brain cell yet Rap is always portrayed as "the well-dressed, financially successful, thinking man's music".

Lets you know how well affirmative-action in the workplace is working doesn't it?
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              On this I have to agree - Metal is always portrayed in advertising as being for/by a bunch of retards with 1 brain cell yet Rap is always portrayed as "the well-dressed, financially successful, thinking man's music".

Lets you know how well affirmative-action in the workplace is working doesn't it?
                              Ya know, you just pretty much summed it all up... Youre 100% right on that, and its fucking sad.

On the other hand, I think that commercial is funny as hell!
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

You should campaign to be the next mayor of Cambridge. Either here or in the UK.

:ROTF:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18866534/

http://www.queerty.com/black-lesbian...etts-20080116/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Reeves

Comment

Working...
                                X