No announcement yet.

WOW. Kids are not really smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This story did not make me sad. It's not a sign of the times or a sign that his parents are negligent. This is not the first kid to ALMOST die because he thought it would be cool to be submerged in sand. It won't be the last.

He might just get an honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      No offense fett but that proves right there that you are either very sheltered in your trailer park or you really have no clue what life is like right now.
      The "what is life right now" is my whole fucking point. Fuck today's life. How many of you guys wish it wasn't so? You have kids. Change it. It's easy. I did it with the X Generation. My son turned out just fine. Get back to basics. And find me a rocking chair with a Floyd.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
        That was one of my initial thoughts as well, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
          Right, gotcha, general you. No problem. I don't always -- well, rarely would probably be a good way to put it -- agree with you (that one's specific to you, Bengal).

I'm saying that parents shouldn't be upset that their kid is hurting. What I am saying is that he wouldn't be hurting if he had exercised some common sense. I'm not looking for a scapegoat at all; a scapegoat is someone who gets blamed but isn't guilty. (1.a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place. From dictionary.com ).

If I'm wrong about your subtextual implications, then I apologize, Bengal. What I was getting from your posts is that it's not the kid's fault.
          I could care less if you agree with me or not. I'm not here to be agreed with.

I'll say again, if the kid thought he could survive the burial, how can he be held responsible? We don't try young children for murder. Why? Because they don't understand the ramifications of their actions. I'm holding that principal to this story. And it's a story that most of you are making assumptions on. I only read 3 small paragraphs. Hardly enough to get the whole story.

I don't know if it's the kids fault or not. I don't really care. I feel sorry for the kid and his family. I'm not out to make someone a monster or call the kid stupid. But if you say it's the kids fault thats a lot like "fuck him, he should have known better, he deserves to die". I may be painting it with a broad brush but I feel it fits just fine.

Will you agree with me? Do I give a fuck?
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Nobody is going to hold the kids responsible. It was a tragic stunt. But it sure got our tiger striped panties in a wad.:ROTF:

Comment

fett,
              My tiger stripped panties are ALWAYS in a wad! HA!

Some here are blaming the kid. Go back and read the posts fett. It's rampant through this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                I could care less if you agree with me or not. I'm not here to be agreed with.

I'll say again, if the kid thought he could survive the burial, how can he be held responsible? We don't try young children for murder. Why? Because they don't understand the ramifications of their actions. I'm holding that principal to this story. And it's a story that most of you are making assumptions on. I only read 3 small paragraphs. Hardly enough to get the whole story.

I don't know if it's the kids fault or not. I don't really care. I feel sorry for the kid and his family. I'm not out to make someone a monster or call the kid stupid. But if you say it's the kids fault thats a lot like "fuck him, he should have known better, he deserves to die". I may be painting it with a broad brush but I feel it fits just fine.

Will you agree with me? Do I give a fuck?
                Yeah, well; I'm through discussing it with you. Especially after this last.

Comment

I said I blamed the kids. Should they be punished? No. It was a stunt gone way bad. Are they responsible? Yes. It's going to be a very hard lesson that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. This did not have to happen.
                  Last edited by fett; 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    I said I blamed the kids. Should they be punished? No. It was a stunt gone way bad. Are they responsible? Yes. It's going to be a very hard lesson that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. This did not have to happen.
                    So it was a "stunt gone way bad". Could that be a definition of an accident?

JacksonDean,
                    Get off the high horse. You said something to the effect of, " I don't always -- well, rarely would probably be a good way to put it -- agree with you". I said I could give a fuck. Don't want to play with me anymore? Good, I'm better for it.
                    Last edited by Bengal; 03-10-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Some people just have dumb kids.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                        This story did not make me sad. It's not a sign of the times or a sign that his parents are negligent. This is not the first kid to ALMOST die because he thought it would be cool to be submerged in sand. It won't be the last.

You have to be 18. I think it's a case of a stupid kid. At 10, you should know that something tightly packed can impede your ability to breath, like a pillow. That said, the dumbasses with him didn't help, and the parents are showing they're a great influence too by blaming TV.

Comment

A stunt gone bad is a "What a bunch of dumbasses". An accident would be if the kid tripped doing his stunt and got his head stuck in the sand. That's the dif.
                          Last edited by fett; 03-10-2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I did some really stupid shit as a kid too..

Car surfin (standing on the roof whilst going down a curvy road too see if I could stay on..should have died twice)

Anyone heard of "Mumblypeg?"..kids game..with a knife..

Jumped out of the 2nd story window..w/o a parachute, cause I thought there was a couple of feet of snow..turned out it was barely a foot..ouch

For kicks..my older brother used to hold me down in the middle of the street and try and get cars to run over me (no shit..he was stupid too..)

NONE of that was my parents fault. It wasn't bad parenting... I knew a car could smush me, a knife could cut me, and a bouncin off a road could fuck me up..did I care..NOPE..had to see if it could be done.

Some things are unexplainable. Doesn't make it anyones fault. Now if the parents decide to sue the TV station etc..they are morons...
                            but doens't make them bad parents,..or the TV station a bad network. It's life and people (even the little ones) are unpredictable.

Comment

I may be in a Natural Ice Age. OH NO!!! Another pun. Made ya think.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Some people just have dumb kids.
                                Dumb has no age limits.
                                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                                X