No announcement yet.

Red Liight! Green Light! Near death.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happened so fast I didn't have time to do that. It only scares me in retrospect. Just be as careful out there as you can and pray and count to 3.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Where the fuck were those traffic cops?

Comment

See my other thread. They can't be everywhere. If that collision would have happened there would have been cops everywhere. And paramedics trying to get my dead ass out the van. I 'Dodged a real bullet. That's a My Van pun. Cyg, you really did it now.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: I am so happy to be alive.
        Last edited by fett; 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Didn't you see the same hearse twice the other day?

That means you've got one more "close call" coming, so keep the eyes open.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            See my other thread. They can't be everywhere. If that collision would have happened there would have been cops everywhere. And paramedics trying to get my dead ass out the van. I 'Dodged a real bullet. That's a My Van pun. Cyg, you really did it now.:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: I am so happy to be alive.
            Hey, I'm not very good at the written pun.
            Somehow, for me, it comes across much better in casual conversation.

Glad the tubes got here before the trainwreck. Hopefully you got the amp in the mail, too. Just kidding!
            You are a treasure, fett. Keep an eye out for yourself.
            Damn, now you're making me do it.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me. I just about got kicked to the coiffin corner. OH NO!!!!!! Another pun.

Comment

Man, I overlook an intersection where that happens almost daily, actually t-bone-age is about once a month. Same situation - someone runs the red light and almost takes out the guy turning left...I'm surprised that they miss more often than not!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

164th is worse that Clarnount Mesa Blvd. (sp). I lived in SD in the '70's. I can't imagine what the traffic is like there now.

Comment

We've got an intersection out in a rural area called "Fatality Corner" because every year someone dies in it. Tragic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      ...The number is 3. Not 2. Not 5. 3....
                      And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Comment

LOL Free!!!!

Count, don't count... 2, 12, whatever... just LOOK before you leap

I've seen people drive through red lights on 6 before... they are just not paying attention anymore... texting... dialing... talking... makeup... anything but driving.

:/
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Freehill View Post
                          And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

That's a Grail of a post me friend.
                          The Buzzard does not fear
                          The man in riot gear
                          Harvest a skull of stone
                          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I just drove the same road today. That SOB had a 5 second yellow. That prick had all the time in the world to stop. That 5 second yellow and the 3 second Red that he ran has me really pissed off.

Comment

i drive a cement truckfor a living, at 55 mph it takes me 150 YARDS to come to a dead stop when fully loaded.so you can bet its "puckertime" when coming up to a stale green light. the best thing to do is is just stop for the yellow if ya can. you`ll still get to where you want go, you`ll just live longer thats all.
                              jackson dx10
                              charvel avenger
                              schecter c1 classic
                              samick tr2 sg clone
                              fender twin amp.
                              abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

This was no stale green light. I tried to time the 3 seconds feet wise. About 200 feet. Then I saw how long the yellow lasted. This motherfucker just about killed me. He was so wrong but for that 1 second he would have.

Comment

Working...
                                X