No announcement yet.

Insomniacs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake...eat some turkey. Almost three weeks..dude, you might be worse than me. I average about 20 hours sleep ..a week.

I tried some natural Melatonin some years ago..it didn't help. Taking two Ambien 10s ceratinly does..but I like the way I feel so I stay up until I pass out. Then the next day my wife tells me about the dumb shit I did right before I went to sleep..like squashing and rubbing watermelon all over myself..it explained why I woke up with sticky seeds on me.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Billz your the best
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Go to sleep Drake!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Then the next day my wife tells me about the dumb shit I did right before I went to sleep..like squashing and rubbing watermelon all over myself..it explained why I woke up with sticky seeds on me.
          :ROTF::ROTF:
          Sam

Comment

Conversely, I can't stand to wake up before 11pm like I did today. I do it saying I'll do something, but can't. Also, the sun's light until about 1-2 really pisses me off for some reason. Yet I also kick myself for waking up at like 12 feeling like I missed stuff. Either way I kick myself in the ass

Comment

As a bachelor, with a sedentary job, even working out 2-3 hrs a day, I would find myself lying awake in bed for long hours. I can never go to sleep with music on. For some reason, I try to listen closely to what the artist is singing, what instruments are playing and it keeps me more awake.

Then, I tried something...counting sheep. well, not literally counting sheep, but trying to work with numbers...adding & multiplying big numbers in my head, etc. that seemed to work for a while. But after a while, I got bored. Then, I came up with a way to just stop thinking. Usually we lie down, something comes to mind and we start wondering about it and the thought process continues. I figured out how to stop wondering or continuing with that particular thought. Lot of things will go through my mind the moment I lie down. but I practiced to ignore them and that way I found myself sleeping within 5 mins. My wife, to this day cannot believe that I can go to sleep the moment I lie down. Anyone tried these?
              Sam

Comment

Potent chamomile tea seems to work for this insomniac.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                  As a bachelor, with a sedentary job, even working out 2-3 hrs a day, I would find myself lying awake in bed for long hours. I can never go to sleep with music on. For some reason, I try to listen closely to what the artist is singing, what instruments are playing and it keeps me more awake.

Then, I tried something...counting sheep. well, not literally counting sheep, but trying to work with numbers...adding & multiplying big numbers in my head, etc. that seemed to work for a while. But after a while, I got bored. Then, I came up with a way to just stop thinking. Usually we lie down, something comes to mind and we start wondering about it and the thought process continues. I figured out how to stop wondering or continuing with that particular thought. Lot of things will go through my mind the moment I lie down. but I practiced to ignore them and that way I found myself sleeping within 5 mins. My wife, to this day cannot believe that I can go to sleep the moment I lie down. Anyone tried these?
                  You know, I used to require the radio and some kind of night light when I was young. Now I have it practically to where it's just making white noise, and no lights at all. I find I can't think of anything at all trying to get to sleep... numbers, etc, or it is too distracting for me. I've also found if I get woken open, if I open my eyes or move around, I can't get back to sleep easily (takes about an hour). this always seems to happen when I need to get up early for something

Comment

I'm a fat vampire..

Comment

My sleep pattern is so fucked up. I used to have to be up at 4AM when I worked. Now, I go to bed early and wake up around 11PM. I am so hooked on NPR and BBC World that my radio has to be on or I can't sleep. I hate it when I doze off in the middle of a story. I really do need to become a member.
                      Last edited by fett; 03-06-2008, 02:39 PM.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I got me second job driving limos, because I can't sleep very well. I usually get by on 4-5 hours of sleep a day.

Comment

Given my choice, I'd rather be awake at night. I've had a few stretches in my life — ranging from 3 to 10 months — where I was between jobs, or between a job and college, or whatever. Bottom line, I didn't have to pay attention to any other clock than my internal one. And rarely did I ever see the sun during those periods. It was nice.

I stay awake far too long at night now and often feel it at my job, which is during the daytime. The ENTIRE daytime, lately. We're just now getting to where it's light out when I leave the house in the morning. Still dark when I get home, though. Sucks.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I don't have a problem with insomnia, in complete contrast I'm a Narcoleptic (not a Necrophiliac, as broadcasted to all and sundry by an old boss).

I'm not going to say anything crass (for once) about wishing I had Insomnia, like people have said they wished they had Narcolepsy to me before. It's a bit like saying you wish you had Cancer because then you would lose weight.

Having abnormal sleep patterns, whichever way, is not easy to live with and people find it hard to understand why it is a problem, thick twats.

You have my sympathy and hope you find a way round it soon.

Incidentally, contrary to popular belief, I don't sleep like a log at night either! (Not helped by the copious amounts of Dexamphetamine I neck to get me through the day!!!)
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I don't have insomnia, but I do have delayed sleep phase disorder and mild non 24hr sleep/wake disorder. My natural bedtime is around 7:30 AM. I'm a stay at home dad and I have to get up around that time to take care of my daughter. I feel like shit most of the time. If I wasn't staying active I'd fall asleep. On the weekends and whenever my wife is on break from teaching I stay up all night. My noisy neighbors usually wake me up a few hours after I go to bed so I'm exhausted by Monday and can get to sleep by about midnight, but it's never a good sleep. I love being up all night. It's the darn daytime people that make it tough. They say "Just go to bed like a normal person." They don't understand that is as unnatural to me as it would be for them to do my schedule.

I did the sleep a few hours at a time thing in college and it was too hard to get the sleep and still stay on schedule. I ended up doing 24hr-48hr days on average and sleeping 6-12 hours at a time. I did a 78 hour stretch once. Towards the end of that one I was hallucinating and felt totally disconnected from my body.

Comment

Recently I've been sleeping every other night with just a short nap of an hour or so on the "off" nights. I feel much better and get more done.

Comment

Working...
                                X