Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a damn good thing I don't own a firearm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Scott,
    I'm not going to correct you at all. I must have missed that "worked for me" part of the post. If that's the case, there is no defense for that at all. I agree 100%.

But I will add again, don't expect non dog owners to love your animal as much as you do. Most don't. As you can see in this post alone, some think of them as nothing more than an annoyance. Some see them as a part of the family. Which is right?
    You had me worried there for a second, bro. I am old enough to know that all people are not animal lovers and I respect that. Just, don't fuck with my dog or cat.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Scott,
      I would never fuck with anyones dog or cat. I'm an animal lover through and through. I may not own a dog but it doesn't mean I don't have compassion for them. I'm actually starting to get myself worked up and get a dog. I think my kids should have at least one dog then they are kids. How do they know if they are dog people or not? Hell, how do I know? Last dog we had when I was young got hit by a car when I was 3. I don't really remember him. Laugh all you want but I really want a Welsh Corgi. I freakin' LOVE those dogs.

I actually like Pedro the Personality Challenged Chihuahua that lives next door. Just don't tell anyone. I'm supposed to be pissed all the time.
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I bet those old fuckers don't hear the barking.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I love how people get so fired up over dogshit. We can spew pollutants into the water table and billow greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere by the ton, but because that mess is "out of sight, out of mind", nobody gives a rat's ass. But, I'm to believe that a harmless but unsightly pile of dogshit in the grass is some kind of "big big problem". :ROTF: I'm not defending the offenders, just trying to add a little perspective.
          Global Warming is a theory.

Dog shit is a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
            I bet those old fuckers don't hear the barking.
            :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              My dogs don't bark unless something needs to be brought to my attention or we are playing.
              My dogs sometimes bark at household noises too - particularly if they are sleeping. It's comical to see them charging into the laundry room ready to attack the dryer - the stupid looks on their faces are priceless and they always follow up with a "...and don't make me come back" bark.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

there is something about the high pitch arf-arf that drives me insane....there is one neighbor of ours who we happen to like and they have an arfer rat that barks whenever that things is outside and hears a whisper...its a house rat so its not outside very much so its not a problem.

I agree its the owners, not the dog. I have one young dog (full size but still a pup)that barks at everything and its a big dog bark. I always tell him the STFU and if he doesn't right away I just bring him in. he's learning that if he wants to hang outside with the big dog (black lab) he needs to play by her rules, and mine The dog likes to sit upstairs by the game room looking out the foyer and used to bark at anybody or any thing that went down the street
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                  Global Warming is a theory.

Dog shit is a reality.
                  C'mon...work with me here, I'm campaigning for peace and tranquility amongst neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                    Here is a handy tip for you that has worked well for me in the past.
                    Car anti-freeze that you put in your windshield squirter tank, leave a bowl of it down where they can get to it. They can't get enough of it, then blue lips, then death.
                    If I'd ever caught you doing that to one of my pets, you wouldn't have a fucking face left after I'd finished with you.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I also say talk to the owners face to face calmly. I hate that some people feel they can't talk to anyone and bring in the cops right away...like they dont have anything more imortant to do. If you cant work out a resoultion then escalate up to the proper authorities but you'll be surprised on what a little dialog can achieve
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I agree with what Shawn said. Always try to talk with the owner first. They are more willing to help you that way. If they hear about the problem for the first time from a cop, you can't expect them to try to help you. Shawn is also right about being calm when you talk to them. Understandably it's a heated issue. But if you can't talk to the owner without losing your cool you won't get anything done either.
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          My dogs sometimes bark at household noises too - particularly if they are sleeping. It's comical to see them charging into the laundry room ready to attack the dryer - the stupid looks on their faces are priceless and they always follow up with a "...and don't make me come back" bark.
                          How true... sometimes that "thing" that needs to be brought to my attention is a cricket on the floor that they can't catch or the cat jumping on their head as she goes out the dog door.
                          As for outside noises, they're pretty good about determining what really needs to be barked at. Not perfect, but again, it's rare that I have to tell them to shut it.

+1 on talking calmly to the dog owner.
                          We listen. Trust me... I hate listening to dogs barking just to bark as much as the next guy.
                          Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-03-2008, 06:04 PM.
                          -Rick

Comment

My dog Suzy, a Manchester Terrier, has gone to my clinic office with me for the last 10 years. I realize that not everyone likes dogs, but I always make it a practice to ask my patients if they are bothered by a dog running around the clinic. If they are, I put her up in my office until they leave. I can honestly say that most people that come to the clinic love her. They buy her stuffed animals and treats quite often. Matter of fact, if she does miss a day or two, people ask about her way before they give a shit about me or the therapists.

I did have one old fart that told me that dogs didn't bother him. Everything was fine until I saw him wack Suzy with his cane. I finished his therapy, told him that I didn't appreciate the treatment he gave to my dog, then told him there was a clinic three miles down the road.

I take great pride in having a well behaved dog, but the bottom line is that they are going to bark. That's how they communicate. Maybe we should start wacking people that talk too much.
                            "POOP"

Comment

i own two small yappy dogs, a pug and a chihuahua, both yap, the chihuahua bites, when we used to have band practice at my house our lead guitar player would always bring his kids. his kids were as unrully as the dogs, and i or my wife would ask him not to let the little darlins run through the house, he would not, the kids got nipped. dude wanted to kill my dog. i wanted to kill his kids. vicious cycle, finally he stopped bringing the kids. and the nipping stopped. everyone hates my chihuahua, i could never give him away i would have to have him put down if i couldnt keep him.the pug on the other hand is cool and calm, he would rather you scratch his a$$ than bite you or bark. point is we love our dogs like they were our kids, we know that others would kill em if they ever had the chance. but they only go outside on a leash, and only to shat and pee. we know they are a nuisence (sp) we try to accomodate our neighbors.
                              jackson dx10
                              charvel avenger
                              schecter c1 classic
                              samick tr2 sg clone
                              fender twin amp.
                              abunch of stomp boxes

Comment

When the neighbor dog barks at me through the fence I piss on it's head. No permanent damage, and it's something the dog understands. Just don't get your willy too close to it's teeth... unless you've got peanut butter dogs give terrible head.

And any douche that would poison a dog needs to be burned at the stake in the town square. That's how we deal with that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X