No announcement yet.

Jeff Healy passes away at 41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I enjoyed his playing.... he's going to be missed!
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Only the good die young...

R.I.P.
      Dinky XL '96 - always stay in tune

Comment

I always like him. I had no idea he was so young. RIP Jeff
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

that just blows. way too young. RIP, jeff.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
            I had no idea he battled cancer his whole life.
            I think that was the way he wanted it. he did not make a big deal out of it, he just lived a whole life in the time he had.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Very sad to hear, his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps was great. Such an inspiration.

Seems so cruel that someone could battle and overcome blindness to the extent he did and then have to take on cancer as well.

His recordings will leave a longtime legacy though.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

It was weird last night, they were showing Roadhouse on cable and saw him at the bar playing and then Patrick Swayze was there too, the night after I heard Patrick was battling the same disease.
                Sad.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Cancer sucks. Makes me wonder if the doctors know there is more money in meds than the cure. I had a battles with it as well. I talked to a few people that have told me stories about meds that can cure you, but that are not legal in the states. I live near the Mexican border and people have had the meds sent there and they were cured. I even had doctor here in the states that told me a similar story. I thought being a doctor was about helping people. It is a shame we lose friends and relatives to this disease and other diseases. I really want to believe that are government and doctors are not taking peoples lives for the money. I am not trying to a fend anybody but you have to wonder. They cut my ass out of me and I shit in a bag that is taped to my belly and I am only 45. It makes it hard the play past the 12th fret. I have to move the guitar to side or up on a leg, but it is better than being dead. How many more people need to die or be mangled?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                    Very sad to hear, his cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps was great. Such an inspiration.

Seems so cruel that someone could battle and overcome blindness to the extent he did and then have to take on cancer as well.

His recordings will leave a longtime legacy though.
                    He's had the cancer his whole life, and it was actually the cause of his blindness. He lost his sight when he was a baby to retinoblastoma or something like that. Apparently he's been fighting the cancer on and off since then.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

R.I.P Jeff

Comment

very very sad RIP
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I will miss Jeff's music and pray for his family.

I had the good fortune to see him live 3 times and he was a great performer. In addition to his guitar playing, I noted how much his vocals improved each time I saw him.

For those of you missed seeing him live, there are a couple of live DVD's that will give you a taste of what it was like to see him in concert.

Definitely R.I.P., Jeff.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            I will miss Jeff's music and pray for his family.

I had the good fortune to see him live 3 times and he was a great performer. In addition to his guitar playing, I noted how much his vocals improved each time I saw him.

For those of you missed seeing him live, there are a couple of live DVD's that will give you a taste of what it was like to see him in concert.

Definitely R.I.P., Jeff.
                            you know, I've looked at that Live at Montreux DVD a bunch of times but didn't get it, since I've been listening to so much metal lately, and haven't listened to Jeff's music in a couple of years. Might have to grab it now. A little too late.

I was flicking through some old mags the other night and came across the Oct 90 GFTPM, with a transcription of I Think I Love You Too Much. I don't know how many favourite solo threads we've had around here where I listed that as one of mine. Great interplay between Jeff & Knopfler on that one
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

That news just blows....great player and great guy by all accounts..

Comment

Working...
                              X