This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
    soap, but you can't compare "art" with a meal... there aren't any guarantees, no "get your money back" crap... art is very subjective and has very broad boundaries compared to material objects wich you can buy
    Sure its subjective, but I think you may have overlooked the principle implied in the analogy.

I'm one among many that have no loyalty with such things as this threads speaks and implies. A 140.00+, I can buy nice PC hardware and software stuff. A mobo, PSU, memory and etc. As you can see I still dig the whole PC thang. OR, with 140+ dollars I can go an ebay and get a nice used/new piece of rack gear. There are so many other things I'd rather do with 140+ dollars and enjoy doing more. I'm different. Going to concerts, I just out grew them. They just don't appeal to me much.

Let me say the same thing but alittle differently.
    I have a George Lynch Kamikazi ESP Sig model.
    I love that guitar, its my main guitar.
    I fool around with it at home and it goes with me when I gig.
    It has a butt ugly graphic and a heavy guitar.
    Even so, its so versatile and resonates and sustains incredibly and to me, it feels "right" in my hands. YET, I've NEVER been to a Dokken concert nor have I seen George in any of his solo days. And you would think, I'd it least go see one of his concerts. You know what? The thought just doesn't appeal to me enough to do it.
    Last edited by Soap; 03-05-2008, 07:21 PM.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

• I understand you

people are different

I personally don't really care too much about money or things... I'm the kind of person who needs "experiences" to get some enjoyment in life, I'm not a materialist... I guess I'm neo-hippie kind of fellow
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• "Splooge"..

I love that word.

Have fun guys..later!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I understand you

people are different

I personally don't really care too much about money or things... I'm the kind of person who needs "experiences" to get some enjoyment in life, I'm not a materialist... I guess I'm neo-hippie kind of fellow
          Nothing wrong with that.
          A chunk of my friends are hippies that come out of the early 70's and I love them. I have always hung out with folks that are a tad older than me.
          People my age, I rarely did then and even now don't hang together.
          I prefer the older crowd, more wisdom there.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

• well, I'm definetly the younger crowd... "hippie revisited"
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

well, I'm definetly the younger crowd... "hippie revisited"
              Its all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                My vote goes to Ace. He's had way more practice and his stuff isn't as challenging.
                Classic dude!!! classic!!!! The best line I've read on this thread!!!
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

• BTW, I knew ED and DLR are sharing the Jack Daniels when I saw the opening act on the Tampa show.
                  Some reggae piece of shit group that almost made we drive plastics spoons in my ears.
                  As far as I am concerned those are 45 minutes of my life I am never getting back.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

• Here's the poop :

6 March 2008
                    EDDIE VAN HALEN BACK IN REHAB?
                    Posted in: Entertainment — PR-inside Entertainment News @ 2:42 am

LATEST: Rockers VAN HALEN cancelled a string of comeback gigs so guitarist EDDIE VAN HALEN could return to rehab to be treated for alcoholism, according to reports.
                    The band rescheduled two concerts in Virginia and Georgia at the end of last month (Feb08) and another this week (beg03Mar08), prompting internet reports claiming all tour dates had been pulled indefinitely.
                    Representatives for the rockers insist the tour is still on, despite announcing Van Halen "is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures." Now sources tell the National Enquirer the 53-year-old guitarist checked himself into a clinic near San Antonio, Texas, so he could detox for a week after a furious backstage bust-up in Florida with his 17-year-old son and bandmate Wolfgang.
                    An insider says, "It was the big what-if of the tour - whether Eddie could stay sober.
                    "Wolf hates it when his dad drinks. He knew Eddie was drunk onstage that night, and was acting cold to him, which set Eddie off. Eddie went beserk and started yanking guitar cables from the pedal boards and throwing cigarettes around onstage.
                    "At the end of the concert, Eddie was so mad at Wolf, he punched the amp speaker, knocking it over." Van Halen enjoyed a stint in rehab last year (07), which delayed plans for the comeback tour.

Comment

• Sad to hear. I hope he gets his life back together someday.

Comment

• I don't think touring with his kid was a good idea, especially with his ongoing probs. Obviously, Ed, Wolf and everyone in their camp would agree 100%.

So, that explains that amp incident..yeesh.

Tour, no tour..I hope Ed cleans it up.

Good luck Ed!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

• Assuming the story is true, good for Wolfie for letting Ed know it's not OK with him. Lots of kids of alcoholics are never able to do that, and just try to keep everything smooth & act like everything's OK. Also good to see Ed go right to treatment. Like I said before (others too), it's got to be so hard to stay sober on tour.

Comment

• Wolf is a pretty big boy..he dwarfs his dad. He's probably not that worried. Besides, lots of people around if things got really ugly..it looked like it probably did.

Yeah, its good that Wolf did say something..maybe that's what it takes..I dunno.

Comment

• I'll have a bottle of anything and a glazed donut to gooooooooooo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                                BTW, I knew ED and DLR are sharing the Jack Daniels when I saw the opening act on the Tampa show.
                                Some reggae piece of shit group that almost made we drive plastics spoons in my ears.
                                As far as I am concerned those are 45 minutes of my life I am never getting back.
                                People still go inside a venue to see shitty warm up bands?:ROTF:
                                Scott
                                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X