Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a positive note, I can play Eruption as good as Eddie Van Halen now.

Comment

DUDES!!!..Someone take the last 10 seconds of this and make a ringtone out of it..:ROTF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGalV-2pmQc

I can NOT get it out of my head!!!!

oooooh oooohhh ohhhh Jamie my ass..give Ed a tissue!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I hope all you guys bashing Ed never, ever have to go through what he's going through with his addiction. You guys think it so fuckin' easy to just quit when you have an addiction. I feel sorry for him. I really feel sorry for Wolfie. Too bad he had to watch his dad go down the drain every night. That must be hard for him.

But the rest of you guys? If you haven't walked in those shoes, shut the fuck up already.

Don't like him? That's cool. But I feel we are watching the downfall of one of the best guitarists in history. If that doesn't make you a bit sad, you are heartless.

He played good here in Des Moines. I guess we were lucky. I wish he would just go back home, live the quiet life, and get himself together. He's done enough for us, hasn't he? Where would all you bitching crybabys be without Eddie? Not here, I bet.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I hope this isnt true. Ive got tickets for msg in 2 weeks. Christmas present no less!!

Comment

I'm finding ALL kinds of fun!!!

..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrrQe...eature=related

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
              I hope this isnt true. Ive got tickets for msg in 2 weeks. Christmas present no less!!
              Well that sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                at the Tampa show he was having a fit with the guitar cables. They kept getting tangled up and he kept tossing them around like a whip, unplugging the axe to get them straight. It was almost comical.
                The funniest damned thing!..... those are the new EVH cables!!!! and the main inventor/endorser/owner/etc. can't stand them!

Go wireless... I mean.... bottle less Ed!!!
                yeah he kept whipping his cables at the NJ show too...

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  dude, seriously, did you saw EVERY FRIGGIN CONCERT ON THE TOUR? stop with this pity BS because you saw them on a bad day, it gets kinda old that you question everyone's ability to judge music in every VH thread... a lot more credible people than you have been quite happy with their concerts... btw. no need to call 'em alcoholics or junkies
                  Face it, EVH has sucked on this tour, plain and simple. Go on youtube and see for yourself. I'm just relating my experience. This is still a discussion board right? I'm dicussing my opinion. Sorry you don't like it... Ignore my posts they upset you. I have a tissue for you if you need it...

As far as calling EVH an alcoholic, I'd say the evidence is of that is pretty well documented as well.

"Alot more credible people have been quite happy with their concerts..." Well, I guess I just have higher standards when it comes to my influences than they do. As far as credibilty, who are you to question how "credible" I am? I'm not the worlds foremost authority on guitar playing and guitar players, but I'd say I have a pretty good idea of when someone turns in a good performance and when they don't.

I suppose you consider your opinion more "credible" than mine right? You're a joke.
                  Last edited by khabibissell; 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Dude, they played very good in Iowa in February. Check youtube, there are a few vids of that show on there.

I didn't drink a drop before or during that show, so to say I must be drunk to say that he was good that night is an insult.

Not to get into your and Endriks debate, but you are wrong. EVH hasn't sucked on this tour. In some shows he did, but there were a lot of posts here saying how on they were when certain members saw them on this tour.

I think he needs a more precise and shortened solo. Even he admited his guitar solo on this tour was a bit of a mess. He needed to trim down 10 minutes off of it and actually have a plan for what he was going to do. That is why you see a bunch of drunk wanking going on in his solo this tour. That was a bad decission.

Comment

I feel bad for wolfie..but this is the norm for him. This is how he knows dad. Does anyone actually think Ed was any different when his kid was younger?..They have good moments and bad..just like any family. BUT, at least he knows his father..and a part of each other's lives. That is more than I can say for most people I've met.

Keeps things in the right perspective. Some people are born trainwrecks no matter of talent..and people love watching trainwrecks no matter who they are. They're human..just like us..and shit like this reminds us of that!

Ed did his job..even if he never plays guitar again. He is immortal.. He reached godlike status a very long time ago. He should record new music..he can't go wrong in his 5150 sanctuary. I hope he does clean himself up, get his act together..for his and his family's..not for OUR sake..even though a good show is always nice. That's the least of Ed's worries.

We can make our point without name callin'..I think.

Now, since I'm on a roll..I'm trying to find more crazy VH related stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        Not to get into your and Endriks debate, but you are wrong. EVH hasn't sucked on this tour. In some shows he did, but there were a lot of posts here saying how on they were when certain members saw them on this tour.
                        In my opinion, yes he has. Please show me a good example of EVH's playing during this tour. Every show is on youtube, so you have a ton of vids to choose from.

As far as your experience, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As far as saying that anyone who enjoyed the show had to have been drunk themselves, I was kidding. Lighten up.

Comment

... and I was looking forward to a European -Tour !
                          I would've driven some miles to see them; and whatever would have been going on - it still would have been a Van Halen show !!! Bad luck for the fans - but no reason for bashing EVH ! Bad enough for him and his familiy !
                          uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Now, more of my impeccable logical insight.

In fact..think about it..Wolf is NOT watching his dad go down the shitter. His dad was in the shitter for a long while. His mom confirmed it on her new book tour. Wolf seen his pop have much worse days...weeks...months...years. This is actually a "good" period for him...it must be with his mother's blessing

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                              In my opinion, yes he has. Please show me a good example of EVH's playing during this tour. Every show is on youtube, so you have a ton of vids to choose from.

As far as your experience, I'm glad you enjoyed it. As far as saying that anyone who enjoyed the show had to have been drunk themselves, I was kidding. Lighten up.
                              You can say this by seeing how many shows? All of them? One of them? None of them? You get your info from youtube? Shitty quality videos shot on a cell phone? You take your insight from that? OK. Lame but OK.

Comment

See..Valerie comments on wolf/tour..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFLtOt41X0

If you want good info..NEVER ask the band..ask their wives!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X