This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
    I just don't get it...having the world in your hand...and just pissing it away...just too bad...
    Definitely Munsoned.
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
      And still he's better than Kirk Hammett.
      Ladies and gentlemen, that right there is first class comedy. That cracked me up
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I just watched both youtube clips sounds like the worst ED ever!
        It is really sad to watch your hero's fall. I have had a few friends go down this road and they don't ever get better!

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
          i hope it is for what not to be.
          Probably an extremely poor choice of words, but... "Fat chance"

He's got too much money, and won't have a care in the world.

Dad was all he had to look up to...

Ah... the curse/blessing of parenthood
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Sounded out of tune. So he was furious with his tech, knocked over some amps and hurt his hand? Tour cancelled? Maybe this will save his life.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
              This is pretty much what I saw in back in October at the Palace. I walked out during the solo.

No offense to anyone, but the people that have said EVH has been playing "great" during this tour had to have been drunk themselves. A long tour is no place for an alcoholic to be. He'll never get himself together on the road.
              dude, seriously, did you saw EVERY FRIGGIN CONCERT ON THE TOUR? stop with this pity BS because you saw them on a bad day, it gets kinda old that you question everyone's ability to judge music in every VH thread... a lot more credible people than you have been quite happy with their concerts... btw. no need to call 'em alcoholics or junkies
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well, Val is on tour..I saw her on Oprah and Larry King. She said she was addicted to Jalapeno poopers. I couldn't help but think of pouring hot sauce on my pud and painting it green...she's lookin' ok!

She moved on..maybe he didn't, he still wears his ring. She revealed ALOT..which explained alot...including digging bald dudes.

Personally, I think they should record stuff with Dave and MIKE @ 5150. Get Wolfie started with his own thing @ 5150. Do SOME shows when things are copesetic. Obviously, ongoing issues impede their ability to tour. Dave and Ed made money and have a strained relationship..which is better than none at all.

Comments, good or bad ..come from the same place...We love Van Halen.

That's what I think
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                  And still he's better than Kirk Hammett.

Sad But True..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Check out Ed at the end..pushing his amps toward Roth as the exits the stage..he turns around startled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0f2N5ae3wU

Comment

That was a pretty dumb move, I'm sure there were words spoken about that backstage....
                      It's a damned shame, but they did a lot more shows than I was expecting. I guess we won't get to see them outside of the US.
                      Still looking forward to the DVD!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                        That was a pretty dumb move, I'm sure there were words spoken about that backstage....
                        It's a damned shame, but they did a lot more shows than I was expecting. I guess we won't get to see them outside of the US.
                        Still looking forward to the DVD!

Yep..he KNEW Dave was coming right behind him..Dave played it off cool on stage...or he's just pussified of Ed. That was 100% illwilled bullshit right there!

That warrants an instant beatdown in my book..obviously dave ain't reading the same book.

Comment

Holy smokes that vid was bad. ...Hope Ed can get himself well. Ultimately, only Ed can help Ed. And I sure hope his son isn't watching his dad self-destructing right now.

Comment

What a shame. Jumping out on the road in such a huge, historic tour maybe wasn't such a great idea for an alcoholic after all.

One good thing: I do believe that you may lose SOME speed in your hands as you get older...but it's nothing like watching an athlete destroy himself from 22-35 and then recognizing that there are, at the most, one or two seasons left.

Assuming he doesn't die, 10 years from now we could be posting threads about how we're trying to get tickets to the Van Hagar reunion tour.

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              Yep..he KNEW Dave was coming right behind him..Dave played it off cool on stage...or he's just pussified of Ed. That was 100% illwilled bullshit right there!

That warrants an instant beatdown in my book..obviously dave ain't reading the same book.
                              I don't know... maybe Dave just read the "wait til there are no witnsses" book, knowing how sue-happy Ed is.

This is sad, but we knew it would happen. The fact that it went through the first leg and halfway through the second leg orf the tour is really more than we could realistically expect. I'd be bummed if I went to a Drunken Ed show but if I got Sober Ed I think I'd have enjoyed it. Decent tix in NOLA sold out too fast for me to get one anyway. I have a bud who went and loved it, but he usually gets drunk at shows himself so he's probably not the best judge.

Let's face it, Ed at his peak wouldn't impress someone as much who grew up with the Yngwies and Paul Gilberts and Vais of the world being current. But if you were a teen or young adult in February 1978 when Van Halen hit an unsuspecting world, then you realize that he meant as much as Hendrix to the world of heavy guitar. Maybe more - he has a lot more imitators than Hendrix.

Ed needs to dry out again, hire Mike back and put Wolfie on second guitar.
                              To paraphrase Dave, no one wants to hear the Crown Prince of Van Halen play the bass! We want to hear what the kid's got on guitar!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I bet we see that stack on ebay with a huge price tag on it... "Amp used on tour and almost crushed DLR"

Comment

Working...
                                X