hockey equipment help... please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
    Why is ice a few seasons away? I only played a few times, but I found it easier to play on ice than pavement.
    just to get my skating and stamina back up to speed. when i get to ice i want to be able skate well enough to be effective (because ice is still expensive). that's my plan subject to change...
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Don't be scared of the puck! Those balls have a better chance of hitting you. I wear everything but shoulder pads. Unless you're joining a league, you shouldn't need them. Not wearing them tends to keep my hits a little lighter too, which apparently is good in roller hockey.

Comment

i'm probably going to go with shoulder pads as well as shin and elbow pads... may not use the shoulder pads for roller, but i'll have them when i get to ice.
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I play 3-4 times a week. Composite sticks are pretty much only good for guys who can shoot properly and use the flex. I play with TONS of guys who own 200$+ sticks and they cant do a damn thing, and expect the stick to make their shot hard. Same with expensive skates, useless if you cant skate.

Go find some cheap stuff, dont spent lots unless your playing Senior in a league. For beer league though, just make sure your eyes and teeth are safe. It's too bad your in Texas, I have tons of old/used gear id gladly give, but shipping is a bitch.

By the way, I recommend going with shafts and replacement blades. I picked up some good shafts on Ebay, and I use wood Easton Blades (lidstrom heel curve)

It's cheap, and only costs 15$ for a new blade, yet you can enjoy some "composite" benefits in the shaft. A lot of pro's go the shaft/blade route, as some still prefer the feel of wood!

Comment

seinor A is beer leauges to me in fact any no contact adult league is beer league. lotta fun laying and drinking beer afterwards. I've been retired the last several seasons, just too lazy to drive 45 minutes to the rinks for 10pm or 10:30pm game times during the week..

dk forget roller, you can hit drop ins at the stars centers to get you game back. i fice is where you want to go then may as well stay on it
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
            X