Mobile transport, forget the smart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    For some reason, it reminds me of the vehicle Mr. Garrison created on South Park... the IT. :ROTF:
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was in a smart once...NEVER again!!!

Damn thing felt like a plastic toy and like it was gonna fall apart any second. Seriously frightening.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        what sort of speed were you doing when you rear ended the Merc?
        About 45kmh.
        Who need crash zones when you can use the one on the car you hit

Seriously though, if you took a normal car with european bumpers (not those f***ing stupid great things on some yank tanks) and took out the front section with the engine in, you have pretty much the same amount of space.
        You don't need any more simply because it doesn't weigh 2 tons like all your other cars.

Yes it is affected by cross winds.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        like it was gonna fall apart any second.
        Made by Mercedes and certainly won't fall apart just because you got your fat arse in it :ROTF:

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        My Cobra is small enough
        It isn't small inside. The first thing most people say when they get in one is about how much room there is.

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        I've crapped a bigger turd!
        You should take a crap more regularly, eat more fibre and stop taking it in the ass.

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        Seriously frightening.
        That just makes you a wuss "oh look at me i'm frightened because this car i'm in isn't 30 foot long"

I have done 177kmh (ok it was a down hill stretch with no side winds) but it was less frightning than any other European euroboxes I had driven at that speed. Oh and it actually handles (with the right mods) unlike most American cars which try to rock you to sleep as you pull up to the traffic lights.

Edit to add: You Americans are complaining about fuel prices, ours are more than double yours and are expecting to go up to $3 a litre later in the year.
        Lets see if you are still driving big cars when that happens to you.
        Last edited by Evilution; 03-02-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I still don't feel all that chipper about giving up my safety margin for a few mpg's.
          Sorry, being a fat-assed American still is a good thing.

Comment

My Mazda Protege 5 may not be as handy with the gas as that thing, but IMO it looks better, plus it performs better, and I can fit gear in it. Sorry man, but there's no way in hell I would drive something that looks that gay. And by gay I don't mean homosexual, just silly you know. Just my opinion of course.

Honestly, how do you carry your gear around? Do you have to rent a truck?
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Just fold the passenger seat down flat then I can get my Kelly in a hardcase in no problem with the amp behind my seat. When I moved to my new house I actually had 5 cased guitars, trace elliot amp, roland practice amp, SGX-2000 (old school) and alesis amp in a 4U rack box, VG8-EX, a plumber bag full of cables and stomp boxes and still had spare room for a few other things (including myself in the drivers seat).

How much room do you possibly need?

I have bought every single piece of furniture (except the couch) home in that smart.
              Just because a flat packed box doesn't fit, take the contents out of the box and it fits fine.

It's still safer than 70% of other cars on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                About 45kmh.
                Who need crash zones when you can use the one on the car you hit
                45kmh is what, 30mph roughly? Hit a pickup at normal American speeds of 55mph or so (60-70 in Europe) and there will be NOTHING left of that if a 30mph collision causes the front end to come apart. The point of a larger car is to carry yourself, and all your gear in comfort, not like 50 clowns in a Beetle. Also, the Mercs bill was more as it flipped, and even bigger, had its airbags go off, which cost a LOT of money to have replaced, particular the side curtains and if it had ones in the seats.

And before you ask, I drive a Toyota Corolla from the early 90's, which is far from a gas guzzler and can comfortably fit my Crate 1x12 and pedal board in the trunk if I remove the spare tire to the floor in the rear seat, which is taken up by my guitar's hardcase, AND have someone sit in relative comfort in the passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post

It's still safer than 70% of other cars on the road.

You say that, but I've got a hard time believing it.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    45kmh is what, 30mph roughly? Hit a pickup at normal American speeds of 55mph or so (60-70 in Europe) and there will be NOTHING left of that if a 30mph collision causes the front end to come apart. The point of a larger car is to carry yourself, and all your gear in comfort, not like 50 clowns in a Beetle. Also, the Mercs bill was more as it flipped, and even bigger, had its airbags go off, which cost a LOT of money to have replaced, particular the side curtains and if it had ones in the seats.
                    now imagine that 45kmh smash with "5 cased guitars, trace elliot amp, roland practice amp, SGX-2000 (old school) and alesis amp in a 4U rack box, VG8-EX, a plumber bag full of cables and stomp boxes" in the car around you.

I'd rather continue driving my old Falcon, with the head & cab in the boot (trunk, for you Yanks ). It's still going to hurt if a couple of guitar cases crash into the back of my skull in a bingle, but not as bad as if I'd had a quad box & tube head rushing forward in the cabin with me.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X