X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Kinda looks like Alvin Wilson
    Without the black/white goatee.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

it looks like soapstone to me.. i have a soapstone sculpture at home i did myself and it tends to create those vein lines.. soapstone is very expensive :O
      If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

I took an EXACTO knife and with quite a bit of force, was able to scrape material from the bottom of the statue. I now wonder how much force would be needed to scrape material from jade? Anyway, thanks for the input. Regardless of the material, for the time being it will greet guests in my front foyer.
        "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
          I took an EXACTO knife and with quite a bit of force, was able to scrape material from the bottom of the statue. I now wonder how much force would be needed to scrape material from jade? Anyway, thanks for the input. Regardless of the material, for the time being it will greet guests in my front foyer.
          From what I understand, Jade is much harder than soapstone. I have done some soapstone carving, and often, it is so soft, you can scrape it with your fingernail. I'm sure there are different varieties, but around here (Niagara Falls actually), you see lots of native soapstone carvings in the tourist shops. They are the dark grey stuff with light grey or white veins, and as with the stuff I worked with, they are extremely soft.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here's an example of soapstone that I found that most closely represents my statue. Thanks for the help guys.
            "POOP"

Comment

I just watched a show on Discovery about the mining of soapstone. Everything I saw was either gray, charcoal or black. Can soapstone be dyed or is it actually found in other colors?
              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
              X