Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe Iron Maiden still is so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see I agree with toe on almost everything in this thread - should I see a doctor?

Number of the Beast was the first metal album I ever bought.

I grew up on this and Piece of Mind through high school.

Maiden runs through my blood.

I've seen them more than any other group.

Long Beach, Irvine, the Forum. The last concert I went to was Maiden in Columbus, OH in 2003. Took the kids along as well.

I just never get bored with them. Sorry Emperor, I play The Trooper over and over. I would have been in one of those bands that played it at every gig.

The one thing I wish is that I could have been in England when Maiden was getting started, going to the clubs and just rocking out in a pub.

Wasted Years always holds a special spot in my heart. Am I in the golden years, or do I waste my time wishing I could go back to the 80s?

Excuse me now while I throw on the Early Years DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      I can see I agree with toe on almost everything in this thread - should I see a doctor?
      I think so! Face up, make your stand.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hehe. I still have the Wasted Years 12" b/w Reach Out (H on vox) & Sheriff of Huddersfield (pisstake of Rod Smallwood living in LA)
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
          I'm a massive Maiden fan (and love Adrian Smith's playing), but I must admit that after Fear of the Dark, the only whole studio album I've liked was Brave New World.
          There are only 2 songs from the Blaze era I like (Man on the Edge and Lord of the Flies) and I like a few songs here or there from Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death, but really they're CDs I probably wouldn't buy again.....
          sounds like you and I are on the same page here. I've been a huge IM fan since 1981 and have seen them many times. I agree wholly with your comments on their more recent albums. I was disappointed in the last two cd's overall. I like DOD more than the new one, but not by much. FOTD was terrible IMO.

and I'm sorry, but Jannick does not fit in the band. he was a bad fit at the start, but I suppose he's a bit better now, since he does not have to try to cop H's solo style, something he could never do. and I liked his playing on Tattooed Millionaire so I'm not a hater.

however, I could not stand the Blaze era and don't like any of those songs. I guess I'm just a purist on that.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Sheriff of Huddersfield (pisstake of Rod Smallwood living in LA)
            THAT is a kickass tune!
            I love it.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've been a Maiden fan for years and will continue to be. However, I still mostly just listen to the old stuff.

And to throw some fun into this thread.

I give you the Family Maiden. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I do think these kids possibly have a future in music. I wish i was covering these songs at such a young age.

In this first one the little girl reminds me of Ozzy the way shes moving around.
              The Trooper
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_4aG...eature=related

Hallowed be thy name (cover1)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQZ3r...eature=related

Obviously, this one is a little more recent. He sings in this one.
              Hallowed be thy Name
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyChIHKC3iA
              My Toys:
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
              '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
              '94 Dinky HX in Black
              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
              X