Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe Iron Maiden still is so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    You can't be an Iron Maiden fan and think Piece Of Mind is boring...

I won't touch your favorite album but that's 2 strikes...

Sorry to tell you that...
    +1 The local public library had a copy of Piece of Mind on vinyl when I was a lil sprout (7). Of course, me and my friends checked it out because of the album artwork, but the damage was done and our ears and brains were corrupted nonetheless. Thank you D Riggs!

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
    Shit I grew up on Life after death!! Youngsters!! Come on Bill, I know you have my back!!
    2nd compact disc I ever bought (1st was Clapton's Journeyman :ROTF absolute masterpiece, bar none best live album, period.

How come nobodys commented on the Real Maiden like Piece of Mind, Killers, Powerslave, Numbers etc... I know I'm not that old compared to some you old bastards in here!!
    These albums ruined me for so much heavy metal (including Fear of the Dark etc). Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
      I hear you. I had friends back in the school days who used to play 'The trooper' song at every gig they did. Somehow piece of mind has the older Iron maiden sound like they have on their 'Iron maiden' and 'Killers' album. And I dont care too much for those either. If only the song 'Eclipse' wasnt on the Number of the beast, that would have been my fav cd of iron maiden instead. But the seventh son album is simply amazing IMO.

Infinite dreams...
      OK, now you don't like Iron Maiden or Killers either? Man, are you sure your a Maiden fan???

Those IMHO are the 2 best Maiden albums ever. None better than those 2. But Piece Of Mind follows a close 3rd...

Maiden Japan was kick ass too. Last I checked, it was still out of print. I'd love to get a copy of that CD...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'll admit I dig all pretty much all of Maidens stuff, including the newer stuffage (including all the singers)! I guess i didn't realize how old I am!! Lol!!
        Last edited by sl2lover; 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM.
        I love admins!

Comment

Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Live After Death, Somewhere in Time, 7th Son of the 7th Son, No Prayer for the Dying, Fear of the Dark, Brave New World, Dance of Death, Matter of Life and Death all just fucking rock... The only weak one of the bunch is Somewhere in Time IMHO...
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Shit I grew up on Life after death!! Youngsters!! Come on Bill, I know you have my back!!
            Must not be much of a fan if you don't even know it's called Live After Death. :ROTF:
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The "death" of Maiden came at Somewhere In Time for me like I said. First time I can really hear keyboards in the mix. Back then, keyboards were as lame as Pink Polo Shirts. Any band that came out without keyboards then all of a sudden have them forefront in the mix was considered a sellout to my friends and I. So that's all it took. Listening to that album once and we proclaimed Maiden was dead...
              I don't think there's keyboards on that album. That was their guitar synth period. About the same time, Judas Priest used the guitar synths on their Turbo album.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I don't think there's keyboards on that album. That was their guitar synth period. About the same time, Judas Priest used the guitar synths on their Turbo album.
                That could be. I have not listened to that album since 1987. But Guitar Synth still has the word Synth in it. It's amazing how much music we turned our back on in the day because of percieved keyboards...

I can remember being REALLY pissed when the re-mix of Bringing On The Heartbreak by Def Leppard came out. Keyboards dripping off that mix. Goddamn I hated that song after that...

But then again, bands like Rainbow were OK. But they had a dedicated keyboard player. Not like Cinderella. Remember the video for Shake Me? There was this douche on stage with short spikey blond hair playing the keyboards? Where was that dude on the cover of Night Songs? That's what pissed us off. If you want one, have one and make them a member of your band full time. Don't just put him behind the backline and keep him hidden...

But keyboards suck anyway...

Comment

Must not be much of a fan if you don't even know it's called Live After Death. :ROTF:
                  Careful...you are turning into Ron. :ROTF: :ROTF: J/K

Sorry Bengal... I like those albums...I have killers and piece of mind in my collection...but they dont get as much play-time as Seventh son, Number of the beast or Fear of the dark gets. I dont hate them, hate them. its just me I guess.

I was looking up wikipedia and they classify those album as "experimentation". I guess I'm the guinea pig that fell for the experiments. :ROTF::ROTF:
                  Sam

Comment

Lol! That's my Chicano way of talking!!

Does this mean your gonna make me gay again?? LMAO
                    I love admins!

Comment

I can remember being REALLY pissed when the re-mix of Bringing On The Heartbreak by Def Leppard came out. Keyboards dripping off that mix. Goddamn I hated that song after that...

But then again, bands like Rainbow were OK. But they had a dedicated keyboard player. Not like Cinderella. Remember the video for Shake Me? There was this douche on stage with short spikey blond hair playing the keyboards? Where was that dude on the cover of Night Songs? That's what pissed us off. If you want one, have one and make them a member of your band full time. Don't just put him behind the backline and keep him hidden...

But keyboards suck anyway...
                      Yeah, I was never a huge keyboard fan back then, and I hated when Def Leppard redid BOTHB, too! I think White Lion also did that on their song Broken Heart. That song off their first album ruled... then later in the early to mid '90s they redid it, and it sucked.
                      I do seem to remember Iron Maiden used to have a keyboard player for live stuff after that, but he was hidden back stage or something.

As I'm getting older, I'm starting to appreciate keyboards more, especially in heavier bands like Children of Bodom.

Comment

Lol! That's my Chicano way of talking!!

Does this mean your gonna make me gay again?? LMAO
                        LOL I think it was Kevin who turned you gay, before I was an admin.

Comment

I don't remeber which one of you guys its was, but all I know is I'm proud to say I threw down with all of you fuggers and am still alive!! Barely!
                          I love admins!

Comment

Yeah, I was never a huge keyboard fan back then, and I hated when Def Leppard redid BOTHB, too! I think White Lion also did that on their song Broken Heart. That song off their first album ruled... then later in the early to mid '90s they redid it, and it sucked.
                            I do seem to remember Iron Maiden used to have a keyboard player for live stuff after that, but he was hidden back stage or something.

As I'm getting older, I'm starting to appreciate keyboards more, especially in heavier bands like Children of Bodom.
                            You guys needed keyboards for an excuse to hate Def Leppard?

I believe Maiden are still using a keyboardist offstage. At least according to the closing credits on their last live dvd. Of course, they're not alone. Ozzy uses one too
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

I believe Maiden are still using a keyboardist offstage. At least according to the closing credits on their last live dvd. Of course, they're not alone. Ozzy uses one too
                              HAHA! No. Joe Elliot and Phil Collen are reason enough...

Ozzy USE to have his keyboard player onstage...

I wonder how much a "behind the backline" keyboard player makes?

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                No, I've hated Def Leppard since Hysteria came out. I'll still listen to the first 3 albums, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X