Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe Iron Maiden still is so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I bought my seat for there concert in Puerto Rico, row B seat 12!!! I waited this for 10 years now. I used to watch Life After Death and Maiden England avery day playing long everything that Adrian plays. I still do it from time to time... I really need to do a Maiden tribute!

BTW The Sign Of The Cross is a GREAT song, Steve Harris must have wrote it thinking that Bruce might sing it some day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBanU-AHMqg
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

I got out of Maiden after "Somewhere In Time". Good album but a bit of a new direction for the band. One I was not really fond of. Wasted Years is a good tune but almost a pop tune. So that offended my SlayerMentality...

Then "Seventh Son" came out and I picked it up thinking maybe they were back to the Piece Of Mind Iron Maiden... Nope... So I quit listening to them. Never heard the albums with Blaze on them. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter is a perfect example of Iron Maiden Cheese. Song is not strong at all and the title is downright laughable. So I thought I made the right decision...

So my buddy picks up the new one A Matter Of Life And Death. I listen to it seeing as it's been years since I've heard any new Maiden. Leaving out the "Classic sounding Mix" that could have been much, much more dynamic, it's a decent album. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was the standout track for me. I love the way the song builds. Smiths solo is great. Bruces voice is as strong as ever. It seems like they are back to the Classic Madien sound. Could have used a better mix but as it sits, it's pretty damn good...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I loved Somewhere In Time, and I thought Seventh Son was the last great IM album until X Factor. I didn't care much for No Prayer. I never did get Fear of the Dark, but the few tunes I heard off it were decent. I loved X Factor, hated Virtual XI. Brave New World I loved. I haven't picked up Dance of Death or A Matter of Life and Death, but I probably will eventually.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          I got out of Maiden after "Somewhere In Time". Good album but a bit of a new direction for the band. One I was not really fond of. Wasted Years is a good tune but almost a pop tune. So that offended my SlayerMentality...
          +1. There are some good tunes here and there but just the overall feel of the albums are different to me. The earlier albums I can put on and not want to skip a song.

Matt

Comment

IMO, A matter of life and death SUCKS! bigtime. such a boring album it gives me the runs.
            the 80's however.. now those are masterpieces!
            You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the newest album, it's alright. BNW was poor to me but at the time I was just overjoyed Bruce and Adrian were back and the world's worst singer Blaze Bayley was out.
              But Dance of Death is a cracking album, for some reason that's my favourite of the newer three.

You just can't beat Maiden from their debut up to (and most definetely including 7th Son), easily, easily the best metal band on the planet during that period.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I can't believe Maiden have been around since the late 70's (1979?) and still going. Fuck, that's nearly 30 years! I don't like every album. There are two I don't listen to at all, but the rest are fine imo.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

How come nobodys commented on the Real Maiden like Piece of Mind, Killers, Powerslave, Numbers etc... I know I'm not that old compared to some you old bastards in here!!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Big Maiden fan here... I still remember as a student, walking into Walmart in Ok-City and buying 10 Iron maiden cd's in one shot. Cost me about $170. Borrowed the money for the month's rent from my friend I have been a fan of them ever since I listened to fear of the dark. Anyone listened to the live version of the title song on best of the beast? It still gives me the goose-bumps listening to the crowd humming.

Honestly, I hate the non-Bruce dickinson IM's albums. Namely, virtual IX and X-factor. Every other album kicks ass. The latest album just puts me to sleep and I think its time for them to retire. Brave new world was an amazing come-back. My fav album of the bunch is 'Seventh son of a seventh son' and the worst album of their's IMO is 'Piece of Mind'. Except the 'Flight of Icarus' song, everything else is boring.
                    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                      Big Maiden fan here... I still remember as a student, walking into Walmart in Ok-City and buying 10 Iron maiden cd's in one shot. Cost me about $170. Borrowed the money for the month's rent from my friend I have been a fan of them ever since I listened to fear of the dark. Anyone listened to the live version of the title song on best of the beast? It still gives me the goose-bumps listening to the crowd humming.

Honestly, I hate the non-Bruce dickinson IM's albums. Namely, virtual IX and X-factor. Every other album kicks ass. The latest album just puts me to sleep and I think its time for them to retire. Brave new world was an amazing come-back. My fav album of the bunch is 'Seventh son of a seventh son' and the worst album of their's IMO is 'Piece of Mind'. Except the 'Flight of Icarus' song, everything else is boring.
                      You can't be an Iron Maiden fan and think Piece Of Mind is boring...

I won't touch your favorite album but that's 2 strikes...

Sorry to tell you that...

Comment

Shit I grew up on Life after death!! Youngsters!! Come on Bill, I know you have my back!!
                        I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                          Shit I grew up on Life after death!! Youngsters!! Come on Bill, I know you have my back!!
                          Go back and read my first post. I think you'll see I'm an older Maiden fan too...

Comment

Go back and read my first post. I think you'll see I'm an older Maiden fan too...
                            Sorry man!!

I just think it's hilarous to hear talk about how great Maidens old stuff is on this thread, and refer too X Factor!!
                            I love admins!

Comment

You can't be an Iron Maiden fan and think Piece Of Mind is boring...

I won't touch your favorite album but that's 2 strikes...

Sorry to tell you that...
                              I hear you. I had friends back in the school days who used to play 'The trooper' song at every gig they did. Somehow piece of mind has the older Iron maiden sound like they have on their 'Iron maiden' and 'Killers' album. And I dont care too much for those either. If only the song 'Eclipse' wasnt on the Number of the beast, that would have been my fav cd of iron maiden instead. But the seventh son album is simply amazing IMO.

Infinite dreams...
                              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover View Post
                                Sorry man!!

I just think it's hilarous to hear talk about how great Maidens old stuff is and refer too X Factor!!
                                No worries man...

I have never heard a note off either album Blaze was on. Not that I can recall anyway...

The "death" of Maiden came at Somewhere In Time for me like I said. First time I can really hear keyboards in the mix. Back then, keyboards were as lame as Pink Polo Shirts. Any band that came out without keyboards then all of a sudden have them forefront in the mix was considered a sellout to my friends and I. So that's all it took. Listening to that album once and we proclaimed Maiden was dead...

Then 7th Son came out and somebody bought it and we all gathered around my buddies 1970 Mach I to listen to it. You should have seen it. It took about 3 notes at the begining of Moonchild for all of us to walk away from the car to find something more interesting to do. No joke, 3 notes. That heavy keyboard intro meant total lameness at that time...

Same thing happened to Priest with Turbo. I still don't like that album either...

Comment

Working...
                                X