No announcement yet.

Castro offically steps down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75% of the population of Cuba knows only Castro. That's the only system they know. What I have been hearing is the population is fed up. Just because we, in the US, can't visit there, there are a lot of other tourists that do. Not to mention radio. The Cuban population knows what is going on in the rest of the world and they are feeling left out.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
      That's not quite true according to this excerpt: Helms-Burton Act of 1996
      Well, they are just going to have to wait a few months.:ROTF:

Comment

they would not have people die in rafts to get out of Cuba if it was so wonderful there. god forbid you dont love it there, or you go to prison for questioning the goverment.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
          The current system works for Cuba and they love Castro. People seem to be quite happy in Cuba(at least, they have their dignity), so there's noıthing else to say.
          Are you serious? Really, man. Speak to a Cuban who has risked everything to escape Cuba and come to the US. I have. They do not love Castro OR his brother.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

On a lighter note, just think of all those '50's US cars.:ROTF:

Comment

On an even lighter note, guess where I spent from age 5 to 21 in the '50' s and '60's? CASTRO VALLEY

Comment

Yes, representative government and civil rights are not for everyone. As long as I don't have to live there.

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                The current system works for Cuba and they love Castro. People seem to be quite happy in Cuba(at least, they have their dignity), so there's noıthing else to say.

Comment

Machiavelli wrote in "The Prince" that the absolute best form of government is a benevolent dictator, i.e. someone who cares for his people and has absolute power.

Just an argument against a representative government being the best.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    Are you serious? Really, man. Speak to a Cuban who has risked everything to escape Cuba and come to the US. I have. They do not love Castro OR his brother.

What's gonna happen if they elect some candidate who's supported by the US and the UK ? They'll probably end up with a huge debt and have a failed economy. At least their system works on the paper. Some parts of the world just aren't suitable for democracy because of the dynamics of politics.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

You just let 12 million Cubans loose being 90 miles from the US. Cuba would just shine with the yoke thrown off.
                      Last edited by fett; 02-19-2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                        they would not have people die in rafts to get out of Cuba if it was so wonderful there. god forbid you dont love it there, or you go to prison for questioning the goverment.
                        that point would be good if it wasn't for the fact that people die in rafts getting out of everywhere, illegal immigrants are rife everywhere these days....who knows where they'll turn up. some time u find shipfulls below deck...

Comment

You just let 12 million Cubans loose being 90 miles from the US. Cuba would just shine with the yoke thrown off.

Comment

what i've always found odd, is that cuban is classed as communist, but i never seen whats so communist about them...but then stalin the guy ain't...i would never think to put the words workers commune and politeriat in the same bag as cuba...

Comment

Cuba is Castro's definition of communism. Just remember that he gave up his relection as President. He did not resign. He is still the Grand Boobah of the Communist Party.His brother will be the Prez. As long as the Castros live nothing will really change.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                Cuba is Castro's definition of communism. Just remember that he gave up his relection as President. He did not resign. He is still the Grand Boobah of the Communist Party.His brother will be the Prez. As long as the Castros live nothing will really change.

As long as fett lives, the thriftstores aren't gonna change
                                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X