Violinist trips, smashes million-dollar instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    Do flight cases not come in violin sizes? If I'd spent that much money on an instrument, I'm fucking positive it would have the best protection I could get for it.

+1 I'd carry that thing as carefully as a nuclear warhead if it was mine what an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
      Do flight cases not come in violin sizes? If I'd spent that much money on an instrument, I'm fucking positive it would have the best protection I could get for it.
      They come bullet proof, humidity conditioned, the works. Something smells fishy here.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Too bad the incident wasn't put on Youtube. I'd love to see that. Twunt.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Do they sell Strads at GC? With the store closings, he may be able to pick up a good deal.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Just an accident.. I thought he went mad and smashed in on purpose like some rockstar would
            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
              smashed in on purpose like some rockstar would

That would be cool if you went to the symphony and at the end they all trashed their instruments.
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

He went to the Gerald R Ford Music Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Too bad the incident wasn't put on Youtube. I'd love to see that. Twunt.

Me too
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Ad. "Tripped out violin. Really old. There are a few cracks on the soundboard. But it's an easy fix. It has no affect on the sound. Best offer over $750,000."

Comment

They shouldn't let him buy another antique violin. There are only so many on the planet left and I think he's going to do a number on several in his lifetime.

Save what we have!

Comment

Get over it. The dude plays worthy of a Strad. I guess. It's kinda like having a very expensive rare car. You drive it all the time and then, OH SHIT, I just crashed it.

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                            Some idiot lent him a Stradivarius after he did that to his own?!
                            That's what I thought! Fucker would be playing a Squier or an LTD if it were my call! Well, whatever the Squier or LTD of concert violins are, you get the idea...
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X