No announcement yet.

Kimbo vs. Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesnar had that fight won right to the point that he lost. That said most heavy weights want to stand and bang or ground and pound not submission fight. There are exceptions to the rule of course. As far as Kimbo relying on his punching power it worked for Liddell for a long time so why not? He does need to learn to mix in some kicks because the big guys will let the kicks go.

Comment

Put Kimbo in K1 or let Jerome LeBanner or CroCop make the cross into UFC permanently and Kimbo is going down hard.

LeBanner was and still is my favorite fighter, but he's getting a bit soft now, CroCop is just viciousness incarnated.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

LeBanner would definitely mow over Kimbo. CroCop has left the UFC and is heading to a Japanese promotion which looks interesting.

Comment

Eh... Cro-Cop was my favorite fighter till he crossed over to the UFC and got his ass handed to him twice in a row. He just parted ways with the UFC (mutual agreement) and has just signed on with Dream, a japanese organization run by the old Pride management.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23163826/

The UFC better get its act together, or they're gonna go down hard soon. They are losing fighters weekly because of that asshat Dana White.

Comment

Yep, to give Dana is due credit he is the main reason that MMA is as big as it is in the US now. But he needs to evolve the business model of UFC will fall faster than it came up. I'm not a big Scott Smith fan, but since when would a promotion let a fighter go that won his last fight by KO? Arlovski is also on his way out and how many highlight reals has he been in?

Comment

Couture, Arlovski, Cro-Cop, Tito Ortiz, they didn't get Fedor, they don't have Kimbo, Lidell is on the way out...

The common theme is how bad the UFC treats their fighters. They are going elsewhere. All someone needs to do (like Mark Cuban is trying to) is create an organization that has some respect for all involved and puts together some great cards. I'm not paying $55 for any HD UFC event anytime soon with the crap cards they've been putting togeter lately.

Comment

Being a boxing purist I gotta admit that I'm not a big MMA fan. But I do enjoy watching MMA events on occasion. I'm glad though too see the people that should be throwing down are throwing in MMA for the most part, unlike boxing!! But that's another story! As far as Kimbo/Tank I'm glad to see Tank get his ass handed to him! I met him in Hawaii back in 99, and he was a total dick!
                I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
                  Couture, Arlovski, Cro-Cop, Tito Ortiz, they didn't get Fedor, they don't have Kimbo, Lidell is on the way out...

The common theme is how bad the UFC treats their fighters. They are going elsewhere. All someone needs to do (like Mark Cuban is trying to) is create an organization that has some respect for all involved and puts together some great cards. I'm not paying $55 for any HD UFC event anytime soon with the crap cards they've been putting togeter lately.
                  Hasn't the UFC been in this position since its inception? I'm not hardcore into MMA, so I could be wrong, but UFC feels like the Idol version of fighting.

As long as whatever organization emerges can keep control of 'roids, fixes and typical fight game corruption, I see good things

Comment

I have watched Kimbo on the net for a while now. He is not unbeatable. Here is a fight he lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9WPWJLodE

Matt

Comment

Preface this with the fact that I cant watch the vid at work, but I am presuming it is the Gannon fight. He was choked in the fight against Gannon and then he just quit after gassing out. Not a real defintive defeat. Gannon got a shot in the UFC based on that fight but didnt capitalize on the opportunity.

Comment

And by the way Gannon's face looks afterwards I wouldn't exactly say he won.
                        EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
                        X