Anyone still use Corning Ware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
    So what's wrong with the perception of something tasting better in older cookware? You don't have to share that sentiment if you don't want to :ROTF: I think food tastes better fried in cast, just my perception or my experience.
    I agree. That's why I keep my vintage inherited cookware. It has mojo,
    and I think it makes a bit of a difference, but...that being said...we've had the same cookware for 24 years of marriage, and the cooking has gotten better through much trial and error. Either one of us can still make some serious garbage in those special pots and pans.

Comment

Allright Kev, i'm a little slow here :ROTF: I got ya. I misunderstood what I read. I can cook some poo in mine as well, it just tastes like better poo in cast iron:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Absolutely..they're great and last forever. My wife's been using the same cookware over 20 years. We eat home cooked meals 6 days a week..On Fridays we'll grab a pizza, subs, kfc or etc..and watch a movie.

So, our corning ware gets alot of action. In fact, she made chicken parmesian today!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

One day when I figure out how the oven works I'll be sure to consult this thread.

On a related note do you know how many different entrees you can make with microwaveable popcorn?

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
            One day when I figure out how the oven works I'll be sure to consult this thread.

On a related note do you know how many different entrees you can make with microwaveable popcorn?
            Oh, yeah!
            I love cheese popcorn!
            We have a really old container of some god-awful stuff from the Dollar Store that I love. Serious. You can't find the stuff anywhere. It goes in MY BOWL, and nobody touches it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
              Oh, yeah!
              I love cheese popcorn!
              We have a really old container of some god-awful stuff from the Dollar Store that I love. Serious. You can't find the stuff anywhere. It goes in MY BOWL, and nobody touches it.
              Cyg..you just reminded me..my kid is at his first school dance!!!

It's BOWL TIME!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Cyg..you just reminded me..my kid is at his first school dance!!!

It's BOWL TIME!
                You kill me, Bill.
                Your horns are nowhere to be seen...
                And You Still Rock.

Comment

A little story I told earlier:

My grandfather on my mother's side was a lumber camp cook for a while in his life. Think "chuck wagon cook", only more severe. He depended on wild game, whatever he could keep, potatoes, macaroni, rice, whatever. He had a certain set of untesils and pots and pans, and dutch oven, but his greatest tool was his cast iron skillet. I ended up with this skillet. My Mom cooked on this one through her life, but in the late 60's she somehow lost her touch on it so bad that everything she tried cooking on it came out either burnt, or just bad tasting. It got so bad my Dad started leaving early to work so he could get breakg\fast at a little diner on the way. Mom got distressed. It seemed like a huge deal. She thought he was having a romantic relation with a waitress!
                  Not too long after, My grandmother moved in, noted the old "griddle", and seasoned it back into shape by cooking bacon and lard into it. Damn, the thing came back to life, the eggs started coming out great, and everything else as well. Grandma fixed the old "griddle", and fixed a marriage at the same time.
                  Last edited by Cygnus X1; 02-16-2008, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Ya gotta tell me about this dollar store popcorn cyg!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                      Ya gotta tell me about this dollar store popcorn cyg!
                      It's all about the powdered cheese.
                      We still use First Act popcorn, but I put that cheese on mine.
                      It's probably loaded with salt, I haven't looked.

Comment

ok, i'm on guitar forum reading about cookware....never thought this day would come!

Comment

My wife still uses corningware, graniteware(oh the finds at garage sales). My grill even has an iron rack for added flavor.

Comment

The great thing about Corning Ware and thriftstores or fleamarkets is you can get the stuff really cheap. The even greater thing is some of that stuff sells for a pretty penny on ebay. And so does RevereWare. Think big.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

My sisters are both well armed with Corningware and other quality cookware and know how to use it. I don't have any though, but they would probably assemble me a kit from their older unused stuff if I asked. As it is I "cook" with a microwave and a crockpot and that's about it.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If taken care of, Corning Ware should last a lifetime. I still use mine weekly.
                                "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                                X