No announcement yet.

Another College Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOME teachers could be armed - say those who'd been in the military and are trained in the use of firearms, and have the judgment to know when and who to shoot. Of course you're still going to have the problem with armed security in that the person who has snapped knows who they are and will simply shoot them first - or try at any rate. If some unknown teachers were also armed that would add another line of defense. Obviously you don't arm all teachers, just those who already know how to use a weapon and have the disposition to handle it. There are going to be some on any campus who could do this. You don't have to mandate arming teachers, just don't forbid it of the ons who are qualified to do so.

Gun debates aside, this is a very tragic and disturbing trend in our schools. We have to find some countermeasures that work, because this phenomenon is not going away.

I believe in the Second Amendment, but I also believe that no one should be able to walk out of a store with a firearm until they have demonstrated a basic understanding of how to use and safely handle that firearm.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ive spoke my mind and made my point and im out of it now. I dont want to drag this debate on and on and on and on and on. Y'all be good to each other.

Comment

Whoa I finally saw a pic of the gunman and this guy used to help me with my homework.

He was a grad student that worked at the sociology lab. He was one of the good students that are so good and enthusiastic that they kind of make you want to punch them. This is SO bizarre. He was a really nice, guy. He just made you look bad in class because he never put his hand down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
          "Armed security personal and metal detectors..it won't stop school shooting but it will make it harder to do."

I could get behind this idea for schools. I'm not backing arming the teachers. If someone needs to be armed in a school, I'd rather it be a highly trained individual who really knows how to operate a firearm. Not a teacher who might go to the shooting range once or twice a year...

Sadly, I don't know what the answer is. I fear its just our society thats getting more and more bloodthirsty...
          Yes, ..we had a school shooting a few months ago..Rich remembers that. Security personal and checkpoint are assigned right after a tragedy like this strikes. But, 3-6 months afterwards, as things settle back into a normal comfort level..Parents and students start to bitch and moan that the school is run like a prison . Sure, OK, but it's safe. So, as soon as the security is dismissed..the shit starts immediately..then parents and students scream and point..where's the fuggin' security?!!!

The bottom line is..people are stupid, and always will be.

We know this!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
          X