No announcement yet.

Another College Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bengal, I'm going to have to agree with Bill here. Your logic did suck. If you use alcohol properly, you get LAID.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
      That's cool, own your convictions.

What came to mind is all the alcohol related crimes I had to deal with for years on end..including shootings at clubs, domestic fights, and etc.

I was looking at it from that perspective.
      Fair enough. Now give all the drunk people guns. Does it end with more people dead or less people dead?

- Newc

Comment

Bill,
        No doubt with what you've been through you have a different take on this. That's what we bring to stuff like this, what we've been through. If I saw some of the stuff you did, my thoughts may be different. Maybe not but maybe...

But most situations get escalated with alcohol. I'm sure most of the situations you responded to involved alcohol. Add that with stupidity and you see some stupid stuff, I'm sure...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Bengal, I'm going to have to agree with Bill here. Your logic did suck. If you use alcohol properly, you get LAID.
          Well, I get laid, I don't know about you...

Keeping up with your "don't agree with Bengal" motto, I see...

This will be interesting to watch 2 anti gun guys go at it...

Comment

Tim, Noooo..that's part of the prob.

Even the nicest people become violent fuckwads when they're drunk...truth!

That is why guns are prohibited in "cop" bars. I can tell you first hand that guns and booze do not mix...even when they are in the hand's of the "good guys".

As far as all the all the school shootings..I think Sevser covered that well. The seeds have been planted, until something else or worse will take it's place...like you mentioned.

I don't have an answer..My only answer is..too many assholes...too many assholes that own guns...way too little trained people with guns to deal with it.

The laws on the books aren't the prob either..Judges slap 'em on the PP and go.."next PP".

Honestly, I think CCW laws are a nightmare for most law enforcement. For the exact reasons/choices that you stated in your list.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
              Well, I get laid, I don't know about you...

Keeping up with your "don't agree with Bengal" moto, I see...

This will be interesting to watch 2 anti gun guys go at it...
              You're wrong to assume I'm anti-gun. Like I said, I've fired guns and under the right set of (unfortunate) circumstances I would absolutely go buy a gun. In fact, if it came to that I'd be extremely well armed. There is no way I'm going to buy just one gun. After all, I have 30 some guitars - I'm going to need matching guns.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                Bill,
                No doubt with what you've been through you have a different take on this. That's what we bring to stuff like this, what we've been through. If I saw some of the stuff you did, my thoughts may be different. Maybe not but maybe...

But most situations get escalated with alcohol. I'm sure most of the situations you responded to involved alcohol. Add that with stupidity and you see some stupid stuff, I'm sure...
                It's why I'm retired with a broken neck. A intox Corrections Officer assualing flight crew and co-pilot aboard a 747. The flight was diverted to Cleveland. I was on the jetway when the plane was docking. The door opened..then I was tackled by an very large drunken dickhole..I beat his ass. But unfortunately the damage was done to me..and those poor ladies.

If that was post 911 he would have been shot by a sky marshall. There was over 200 people on board and everyone panicked and froze in their seats..before I had the pleasure of meeting the pud.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well the bottom line is those who were shot WERENT DRUNK!!!!!!!! They were stone cold sober and unable to defend themselves. The VT students were sober and innocent. The Columbine students were sober and innocent. The teachers should have been allowed to be armed. Why cant we require a course in gun training when you apply for a concealed carry permit? The gun buyer has to pay for the course.

So we all agree alcohol is bad news. Where is the call for banning it? Where is the call to remove it from the US? I agree alcohol and guns are trouble waiting to happen but so is a nut job off his meds. I am just wanting the right to shoot back if needed.

Comment

YD..In Booze we trust.

There is waaaaay too much money in booze and all it's drama and tragedies..that's the bottom line.

Do you realize how many people get paid in a single DUI case...especially with injuries and property damage..

sad but true.

Comment

You're wrong to assume I'm anti-gun. Like I said, I've fired guns and under the right set of (unfortunate) circumstances I would absolutely go buy a gun. In fact, if it came to that I'd be extremely well armed. There is no way I'm going to buy just one gun. After all, I have 30 some guitars - I'm going to need matching guns.
                      Tim,
                      The only thing I know about you is you need alcohol to get laid. OK so your pro-gun. I got that. Won't happen again...

What? Now your going to tell me your not pro gun? Whatever...

"I've fired guns" sounds like "some of my best friends are black". (Not saying anything by that statement, that's how it struck me)

Oh, now there is gray area? Not everthing with you is black and white? Too much time to invest there for me. Save that for the next one...

yard dawg,
                      OK, say we arm the teachers. And in the next "Columbine" that armed teacher misses the gunman and kills a 15 year old student. What then? Trained police have a hard time hitting what they are shooting at, how do you think a teacher will do in that situation? (No offense Bill)
                      Last edited by Bengal; 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM.

Comment

After all, I have 30 some guitars - I'm going to need matching guns.
                        Hey Tim, when you decide to get a gun, I have a Remmington Model 1100 12 gauge shotgun with a stock and forearm made from premium light-weight alder that's for sale.
                        "POOP"

Comment

Mark, I appreciate the offer but when I decide to bear arms I will go to Walmart and buy a Chinese made gun like a real American

- Newc

Comment

Damn, I'm still cackling after that comment.
                            "POOP"

Comment

Armed security personal and metal detectors..it won't stop school shooting but it will make it harder to do.

It worked for a local high school known for high gang/drug activities. The school cut back on security and got rid of the checkpoint..South high school just made the local news again a couple weeks ago when students nearly beat a teacher to death while he was trying to stop a fight. He was kicked and punched until he recieved massive head wounds and a broken neck..they were all sober too.

Comment

"Armed security personal and metal detectors..it won't stop school shooting but it will make it harder to do."

I could get behind this idea for schools. I'm not backing arming the teachers. If someone needs to be armed in a school, I'd rather it be a highly trained individual who really knows how to operate a firearm. Not a teacher who might go to the shooting range once or twice a year...

Sadly, I don't know what the answer is. I fear its just our society thats getting more and more bloodthirsty...

Comment

Working...
                                X