Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Kickoff: Bud Shootout

Dale, Jr's looking good out there.

Bill Elliot? WTF? He blew a tire, bought a newfangled high dollar wall, and caused a red flag.

Favorites?

Don't all jump at once, now.
    We might have a wreck or something.

Comment

I've never been able to watch NASCAR. Although, I would like to see one race in person, I just can't watch it on TV.

Edit: Anyone fighting, yet?
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Cant wait for the 500.

Comment

I went with School of Rock instead. Yeah, I know how it ends. But I'd rather watch Jack Black spin in circles. It's more "eco-friendly". ...well...that is.. as long as he's not farting.
          The Buzzard does not fear
          The man in riot gear
          Harvest a skull of stone
          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

http://www6.comcast.net/sports/artic...R-Daytona.500/
            MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I thought Stewart was going to win

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                I thought Stewart was going to win
                It was looking that way for a bit! Earnheart jr. found some kind of draft on that wall. Everytime he broke out of the corner and headed along the wall, he picked up just a bit more speed, then block the corners.
                Those new cars look like they handle like the IROC cars. I thought it would suck, but the racing looked a bit better. Now if only they would give some more HP back, it would be almost as good as the Craftsmen Truck races.

Comment

Hmm you might be right with the IROC comparison - I always liked those races so maybe I'll be watching some more NASCAR this year

Comment

I was talking to my butcher lady today. She's a big NASCAR fan. She was saying these fancy new cars are cutting up front tires because when the frontend dips the spoiler cuts the tires. WTF? That seems like something they should have fully tested, found the fault and fixed it BEFORE they put those POS cars in a race. I don't like these new cars at all.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Fett, they cut tires because the COT inherently doesn't want to turn. The front end of the car wants to push up the track, and that is why you see flat tires on the COT 15 to 20 laps into a lot of races. The more pit crews try to make the front end of that car turn, the more wear it seems to put on the tires.

Comment

The technology behind NASCAR is fascinating. You don't really get NASCAR over here but I've long been a fan (brought up as a bit of a petrolhead) although sometimes I find myself dying for them to have to turn the steering wheel in the other direction during the race.

And I have to say, I grow tired of people telling me Watkins Glen should have solved all my needs.

So whats the inside (US) scoop on the faves for this season then?
                        Bree bree squeeeee!

Comment

Yes the NASCAR season has started.
                          I am glad JR got off to a good start in the 88.
                          Makes ya wonder what kid of crap he was driving at DEI with all of the motor issues and over all bad cars the last few years.

Comment

Old topic, but new question. I watched the Monoco GP this morning, just finished watching the Indy 500, and now the Coca-Cola 600 is on. Why is it that you never see spectator trash (hotdog wrappers, plastic trash bags, popcorn bags, whateverthefuck) at the open wheel races? Are NECKCAR fans really that "trashy?"
                            "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                              Old topic, but new question. I watched the Monoco GP this morning, just finished watching the Indy 500, and now the Coca-Cola 600 is on. Why is it that you never see spectator trash (hotdog wrappers, plastic trash bags, popcorn bags, whateverthefuck) at the open wheel races? Are NECKCAR fans really that "trashy?"
                              No, but from someone who went to race s a fair bit due to my dad's company sponsoring a car (PECO's Power Team sponsored the Power Team cars in Busch, Winstoncup, and Indy I believe it was with Kenny Brack as the driver) I can say The Indy race at Dover was a lot more fun than the various NASCAR races at Pocono or Dover we went to. At Pocono and the last Dover race we went to, the fans sucked. Most were drunk, and banging their coolers on your car as you tried to get out. The previous ones were alright. We went to a Busch race at Nazareth that was fun. That said, more than a few people believe NASCAR puts debris out on purpose to control races.

The open wheel race at Dover however, was awesome. Maybe because we got to meet Brack and THE AJ Foyt made it seem more worth it, and watching those cars zip along that little piece of concrete at 200mph was a treat. Couldn't put me in one of those damn things :ROTF: NASCAR has become "Left turn left turn left turn left turn". Indy isn't bad, but the Danica Patrick worship gets old fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X