People I miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People I miss

I was sitting here and it hit me that that this February was my parents birthday, February 9th and 12th(1935 and 1945) and the sap I am started to think how I missed them. My mother passed when I was I was 25 Thanksgiving day 97, it's funny because the day before I asked her for some recipes, which she gave me and I wrote down. Every Thanksgiving I have looked at those recipes for stuffing and turkey and I always think of her.

Don't laugh a pic I took with her way back in 87 or so. I was about 15 or so. My mother was a beautiful woman and I still miss her deeply

Damn I didn't mean to get started on this, but here I go.

My father who passed in September of 03. My father and I always had a strained relationship, it wasn't till my mother passed that issues between us seem to be resolved. Anyways, here is a funny fact my father was never on time for anything in my whole life. He always ran on "Mexican Time". Till the day my wife had our son. When I told him we were going to visit him, he actually showed up days early. This was a 1st and till this day is still an amusement to me. It's funny, but damn I still miss them so much. It kills me a little on the inside that my parents will never see this beautiful little boy grow up, but it must be in the genes because he sometime does/says things that are my parents

Here is the last pic I took with my father, he passed away less than a week later. Fuck I miss this old man in ways I didn't know I could. We had a hard life together when I was growing up, but at the end it was pure love and respect. My mother would have been happy to see how it ended.
    Last edited by VinceV; 02-09-2008, 04:08 AM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

I lost both my parents at a pretty young age and was pretty much raised by my grandmother who was amazing. One of my best memories is of my mom and I pushing the car out of the driveway at night. So my step father would not wake up (he was a douche). We would drive up to the gas station where there was a soda machine an get a couple cans of orange crush. Then talk for a couple of hours it is one of my most vivid and fondest memory of a pretty bleak youth . I miss her a great deal and have used those conversations to make so many decisions in my life. She made a huge impact in a short time and made me aware how important the things I say to my son are. Even a silly conversation over a soda.

Comment

I miss my Grand mother everyday. I called her Nana. She was a little Italian women who you did not want to get angry....HAHAHAH. Don't mess with her family and you may live to see another day...HAHAH. Anyway She passed away almost a year to the day my son was born. In fact both of thier Birtdays are 1 day apart. I miss her soo much I'm getting choked up now thinking about it. She was the head of our family and since her death, my side of the family has pretty much disowned me. Hell even my mom never has seen my 6 month old baby girl. My Nana would not have allowed this......Anyway, enough crying from me. Yeah there are some people I miss too.....................
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Vince...they are watching your son grow and will be there for you when your time to pass comes, I have no doubts about that.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          Vince...they are watching your son grow and will be there for you when your time to pass comes, I have no doubts about that.

Wonderfully said!!!

Comment

TheI one person I miss most of all is my wife. I don't even think about it. You guys that been here awhile know. But, the one person who I wished would have lived for another 15 years was my Dad. We were not that close when I was growing up. He was there but he was a 50's and '60's Dad. In the 70's we connected and went to A' games and did other things together. He died in 1983. A few months later my son was born. He would have just loved that. Being a grandfather. My son never had a chance to know his grandparents from my side of the family. It would have answered a whole lot of questions as to how I raised him. This is a great thread and a sad one as well.
            Last edited by fett; 02-09-2008, 05:21 PM.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

My dad passed when I was 14, I never really knew him, him and mom split when I was 1, spent weekends with him til I was 7, then me and mom moved to Michigan. I do wish I had a chance to know him. All I really remember is sitting on his lap listening to Johnny Cash records. I know it's strange, but Johnny Cash became my connection to my dad, and I miss Johnny deeply. Don't miss my dad really, cause I didn't know him.
              My mom passed when I was only 25. I miss her dearly. Your parents are supposed to die before you, I know that, but they need to be around for you for awhile as an adult too. It's not coming out right, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say.

Comment

I have been missing my son, he would have been 18. Christmas sucks and his birthday was in January. I know its not the right thing to do, but I have been hitting the bottle a little to hard lately. You never really get over someones death that you are close to, just learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
                  You never really get over someones death that you are close to, just learn to live with it.
                  So very right.

I miss my father and grandfather. I lost them both within a week of each other back in '03. That double punch almost knocked me out, for real. For those of us that have memories of the ones we lost, those are the only things we have left to keep their spirit alive within us.

Vince, those are cool pics.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I've lost a few friends and both sets of my grand parents. I miss them all the time. The one that still puts a knot in my throat is my nephew. He committed suicide two years ago January. He was only eighteen. Thirteen years ago I got married on his birthday which is February 18th. Overall that is still a happy day for me, but I know I will feel a bit down.

Comment

My grandparents went too soon for me... They were all around 80, save for my dad's mom who was only in her mid seventies. Mom's dad died from heart failure, and the fact his lungs were in horrible shape from years of smoking didn't help. Mom's grandmother died of emphysema, which was also brought on by smoking a lot. Then my dad's dad died of kidney failure, which was accelerated by the fact he had asbestoses, ALSO made worse by having smoked for years. the only one who didn't die of smoking related illness my my dad's mom, who had diabetes and ended up dieing of heart failure after sitting in the hospital for over a year.

The only one I ever knew well was my dad's dad, and really wish he was still around, due in part to I don't think I truly appreciated his stories and insight until he was long (it was 3 years on the 6th) gone. One thing that was sad is the Eagles made in to the Super bowl, and he died about 12 hours before kick off, after supporting them since he was a kid. Really kind of ruined it for me, and something I will never forget. Really glad we saw him when we did a few days after Christmas, as he was put in the hospital a week later, and he still looked decent. Seeing him right before he died as practically a vegetable was damn hard, but I am glad I do have tones of better memories to look back about him on, as I saw him near monthly, but sadly my dad's mom died when I was only 5.

I only ever saw my Mom's parents down in Texas once (actually a few times over the same vacation), but glad I got the chance to as it turned out he also died only 6 months later.

Comment

Cherish the ones you love, when you have them and when they're gone. I lost my dady when I was 11 years old. I will turn 50 later this week and I still miss him terribly. How different life could have been. But I will always honor my father, he taught me wrong from right and gave me a high standard to try and live up to. I lost my mom when I was 25, and same thing; this year it will be 25 years she's been gone. We both kind of never got past Daddy's death, but for her it was even worse than for me. I wish I'd have been more help and less of a PITA teenager, but hindsight is 20/20 and foresight is 20/400 (Can't See shit!)....

Love 'em while you've got 'em, and tell 'em so. Every day there are car wrecks, plane crashes, tornadoes, etc.... You may not see them next time, so tell 'em now.

Like I love all you crazy JCFers!
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          Love 'em while you've got 'em, and tell 'em so. Every day there are car wrecks, plane crashes, tornadoes, etc.... You may not see them next time, so tell 'em now.

Like I love all you crazy JCFers!
                          Well said. My youngest son was born on Feb 9th, 2004. We celebrated his 4th with us yesterday.

Comment

Like Fett, I am a widower too. I miss Gina every single day....38 years old is too young to go, but I know that I will get to see her again.

Vince....those pics were great. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Comment

It's hard loosing anyone. I think loosing your child is the hardest. My heart goes out to everyone here thats lost someone close. BIG HUGS!!!!!!
                              "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Working...
                              X