No announcement yet.

Holy crap the Giants did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm of the thought that you really need to win the Super Bowl to be considered "best team in history". But if not, I'm partial to the 1988 Cincinnati Bengals...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      Ah, but you could argue by going 18-0, the Pats beat the record then. Its certainly not an irrelevant stat, as it technically makes them the best team in history.
      But they aren't playing on an even keel. An extended season sets itself up for broken records. I don't really think it's fair. If you must compare them, you compare the same # of games etc and take your stats from there. Again, if you wish to compare them on the same tokens..the Pats failed by losing the Superbowl. So, the did NOT have an unbeaten season as the Dolphins did. Eh, as usual, we could argue this to the death..I choose not too. Have to much living to do in the next 50 years LOL :ROTF:

Comment

Trust me, i'm sure the Pats would be more that happy to trade records with the G-men for that ring. that's what it all comes down to. you can't wear a streak on your finger. 18-0, is now just a stat that will remind them they did not win when it mattered the most.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
          Trust me, i'm sure the Pats would be more that happy to trade records with the G-men for that ring. that's what it all comes down to. you can't wear a streak on your finger. 18-0, is now just a stat that will remind them they did not win when it mattered the most.
          +1 Yeah, you can't wear a streak on your finger. Only in your underwear!! :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

I'm just saying technically. Technically, they are. That said, I do think it will be forgotten in a few years as they didn't win the Super Bowl and crown it.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
              i think Bill could use a little lesson in class from the Pat's fan right here
              Thanks man, I have to admit that I think Bill should've been out there also.
              If 11 players had to go/stay out there, It's Bill's ship and the captain should be going down with it and his crew.

But on the other hand, and I'm not defending him not being out there, but I think it's bullshit that with a second left after everybody rushed the feild, they HAD to have a kneel down.
              The were a lot of clock issues, at least on the broadcast because I watched it like a hawk as the plays were happening and it was all over the place, not stopping/starting when it should've, being reset etc... after all that, that one sec really mattered?

Comment

Working...
              X