Dragging a** through a show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragging a** through a show

Wow. A sick singer, a drummer getting over an ear infection, a bassist suffering from the martini flu and a midnight start DO NOT equal a lot of rockitude. It's been awhile since we've had an off night, so I suppose we were due. Any of your bands just have one of those evenings that makes you all just want to hang up the guitars and take up the didgeridoo?

We had a HORRIBLE show last Saturday... we couldnt hear eachother at all, most importantly the drummer. The PA system was sad to say the least, and noone could hear our singer. I was so embarrassed I left right after I loaded up.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yup, we rate ourselves everytime we play. We've had some nights where we just can't get it together. It seems when something goes wrong with us, everything does. There was one night we were embarrassed to even get paid, so much so that we didn't even argue when the club owner "forgot" that we booked that show for $50 more than he had paid us the last time we played there. We still haven't gone back to that club.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
        martini flu
        Scott

Comment

Yup...on saturday I fucked up EVERY single song. Not by much, but here and there I fingered a wrong chord or a note...sounded like ASS. All thanks to my long hair that kept tangling in the guitar strings all the time and I couldn't see what I was playing from them aswell..also at one point when I had a kind of a "solo" part and I was the only one playing, I had to stop and get my hair out of the fretboard so I could continue with playing. I guess that the next time I won't be headbanging as much .

Comment

i tend to have off days at practice, but so far we've been pretty tight at gigs got another one on wednesday so will let you know if it goes ok.fairly tight in practice today

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              All thanks to my long hair that kept tangling in the guitar strings all the time and I couldn't see what I was playing from them aswell..also at one point when I had a kind of a "solo" part and I was the only one playing, I had to stop and get my hair out of the fretboard so I could continue with playing. .

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Would love to see a film of that, Uros!!!! :ROTF:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah. it happens. my bassist is FINALLY getting sober due to his third DUI - he's lucky to be escaping jail time - but he has NEVER gigged sober and he's finding it VERY difficult. the first couple shows out, he was a mess....bad notes everywhere. i am having brain stem issues that is causing damage to my nervous system and is giving me siezures, so i am taking dilantin and fish oil - it's fucking up my memory, so i have forgotten some intros and stuff, but hey....it IS rock-n-roll!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  yeah. it happens. my bassist is FINALLY getting sober due to his third DUI - he's lucky to be escaping jail time - but he has NEVER gigged sober and he's finding it VERY difficult. the first couple shows out, he was a mess....bad notes everywhere. i am having brain stem issues that is causing damage to my nervous system and is giving me siezures, so i am taking dilantin and fish oil - it's fucking up my memory, so i have forgotten some intros and stuff, but hey....it IS rock-n-roll!!!
                  Ouch man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                    Don't look at me, I wasn't drinking martinis! :ROTF:

I told her she should stick to her Jack & Coke or beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                      Yup...on saturday I fucked up EVERY single song. Not by much, but here and there I fingered a wrong chord or a note...sounded like ASS. All thanks to my long hair that kept tangling in the guitar strings all the time and I couldn't see what I was playing from them aswell..also at one point when I had a kind of a "solo" part and I was the only one playing, I had to stop and get my hair out of the fretboard so I could continue with playing. I guess that the next time I won't be headbanging as much .
                      Oh yeah... I had a gig once where the stage was pretty small, but dumb little me just had to do some propeller banging.. I ended up with half my hair in the bass player's tuning pegs. I didn't even notice until he tried to walk away.
                      Anyway, we've had a few shows that were just beyond embarassing... other guitarist drunk as a skunk ("hey.. lookie.. my right hand moves faster than my left one.. tee-hee"), singer stoned out of his mind, drummer.. well... off... adds up to everything sounding like ass. The kickdrumpedals also decided they didn't want to be part of that and just disintegrated. Fun memories.

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
                        Any of your bands just have one of those evenings that makes you all just want to hang up the guitars and take up the didgeridoo?
                        I already did :ROTF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMP-x8Ae00
                        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          BAHAHAHAHAHA! Would love to see a film of that, Uros!!!! :ROTF:
                          The whole gig was filmed and I'll upload that bit for you when I get the video!

Comment

Working...
                          X