Help! I need beer in GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need beer in GA

Having only lived here 2 years, I forgot that you can't buy beer on Sundays! I've got two friends in town, it's Super Bowl Sunday, and we have NO beer. We realized it around 1:30 last night as we were finishing off the beer we had. I'm ready to make a road trip to either TN or 'Bama to get beer, but want to make sure they sell on Sunday. Does anyone know?? Help!!
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Amateur mistake! Wiki has a decent page on the subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol...tates_by_state

Good luck.

Comment

You still can't buy beer on Sundays in GA?!? Damn! I lived there back in '98 for a couple months and couldn't believe that shit. I thought they'd have changed it by now.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

We had that problem here in SC one time.

Expensive as hell, but we bought a case of longneck budweiser's at a bar and took them "to go".

Comment

You need to move to Missouri man, we're talking 24/7 drive through liquor stores! Even if it was Christmas on a Sunday, we can still get booze!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

We have the same limitation in Colorado.

Comment

Blue laws give me the blues.

Comment

It's better than when I was a kid. Back then, you couldn't even buy toilet paper on Sundays. Never understood that one.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Hope you found some brew! IIRC, 'Bama is dry on Sunday (I know Tuscaloosa was, anyway) and from that wiki it looks like TN is too, at least for carry-out. Maybe some counties have different laws, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                    Having only lived here 2 years, I forgot that you can't buy beer on Sundays! I've got two friends in town, it's Super Bowl Sunday, and we have NO beer.
                    :ROTF:

Guess you have to watch the game sober!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Can't you purchase beer from a bar (Brewed there) and take it home?
                      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

That is an awful thought.:ROTF: Why would anyone watch a football game sober? The games are dull unless you get one on. Then you can rant and rave.:ROTF:
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

....you could just follow god ol' Cyggy's example and brew ur own beer?? from his occasional drunken ramblings i gather its rather good....

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                            ....you could just follow god ol' Cyggy's example and brew ur own beer?? from his occasional drunken ramblings i gather its rather good....
                            Er...Thanks?

But, making beer takes at least two weeks.

Best to plan ahead!. My homebrew of choice right now is equivalant to a Guinness draught. Very tasty, and dark. But, it was cooked three weeks ago.

Comment

I'm drinkin' Whisky & root beer
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X