So my 11 year old comes to me with a stomach ache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my 11 year old comes to me with a stomach ache

My son last night comes to me looking all pale and clammy, dad, I dont feel very well. After a quick call to ask a nurse, its off to the ER. After about 1 hour the doc comes in and says, "We have him scheduled for 8am to pluck his appendix". Well, fast forward to now, he is being released and coming home. I even have pictures that I will try and scan in for everybody. The doc said that the pics are a good example of what a hot appendix looks like. Just two little incisions is all he has, 15 years ago when they did mine, I got a 4 inch gash put in my side. Well, that's progress. The main thing is it didnt burst and all is well.
    Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

glad to hear that you realized what it was
    Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Yeah. That is always the thing. You shine on a belly ache and then Yikes. I'm glad all went well.
      Last edited by fett; 01-25-2008, 04:50 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Good thing you caught it. I am glad your boy is ok.

I had mine removed in '87. It is a long story, but I let it go for about 3 months. The final attack landed me in the ER. The next day the surgeon came to see me and said it was a good thing it didn't burst. He said it was "gangrenous appendicitis" (sp?) and if it had burst, I'd likely be fucked. He said he saved it for when he gives his lectures because he'd never seen one like it.

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks over that little ditty.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Since you had it, and your son has it ,too, it's a little genetic dependent I guess?
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Glad to hear all went well. Never like hearing about sick children..
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
              Glad to hear all went well. Never like hearing about sick children..
              well said. it is easier to deal with your own pain, than it is with your kids.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

When I was little they suspected I would have to have mine removed as well.
                Turned out it was just a normal stomach ache. I did however learn a little test you can do to determine if the apendix is the problem.

Put your pinkie on your pelvic bone and your thumb as close to your belly button as you can. Press down and release. If it hurts as you release pressure it's likely an inflammed apendix.

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                  well said. it is easier to deal with your own pain, than it is with your kids.
                  +1

oh and im glad you caught it before it got worse
                  Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                  Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by jonasaberg View Post
                    Put your pinkie on your pelvic bone and your thumb as close to your belly button as you can. Press down and release. If it hurts as you release pressure it's likely an inflammed apendix.
                    I just tried that test. There's too much fat in the way, though.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      I just tried that test. There's too much fat in the way, though.
                      Same here. :ROTF:
                      Erm, no, I mean my muscle is just resting and is lying in the way.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Do I have to take the lint out first?
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Glad to hear it all turnd out well.

Comment

Working...
                          X