Superbowl will be boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl will be boring

Well, it turns out to be boring in a lot of years, so nothing particularly new. But the Giants have almost no chance against the Pats. This one's probably going to be blowout-city.

Disappointed that the Packers blew it. I'm not a fan of theirs (Steelers for me), but I figured the cheese-heads would have a much better chance of holding the Pats to a reasonably competitive game.

Oh well, there's always the booze at the party.

+1
    The Giants are a "good" team, but they will lose to the Pats.

My throat still hurts from screaming at the TV last night.
    Bret just didn't seem like his head was in the game. Very disappointing performance from the whole team. Not saying it should have been a walk by any means, but the Giants are not that great of a team.
    -Rick

Comment

guys, the pats only beat the giants by three in week 17.
      they were down by 12 in the fourth quarter, I wish I were as sure about a blowout as you were, I think they'll win, but it won't be easy as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Yeah, the Pats werent exactly lighting it up towards the end of the season like they did in the first half, and all the playoff games have been competitive so far. The Giants were hot right into the playoffs. Yeah, its a shame that Brett had such a bad game. I think the cold affected his hands as a lot of his longer passes were way short. I laughed so hard when that field goal attempt went wide with 3 seconds to go. I pictured all the Giant fans (Ranger fans, Yankee fans, same thing), throwing stuff at their brand new Plasma screens. It was comical. It was the revenge of Norwood. Well the up side of all this is that I already have Patriot decorations for my Superbowl party and Giant stuff should be easy to come by here in NY. I hate to have to say this but, Go Giants! Oh, yeah I almost forgot, The Pats are filthy cheaters! Wonderful league, get caught cheating and fined, take full responsibility for it, and get named coach of the year. Maybe they will let Pete Rose into Canton.:ROTF:

Comment

Everyone has been saying that the Giants are toast. Before the Washington game all we heard was how the Giants couldn't hang with the Redskins because of the whole Sean Taylor thing. The Giants won. Then all we heard were how Dallas was the best team in the NFC and the Giants would get their asses kicked. The Giants won. Then we heard how it wouldn't even be close against Green Bay. How could they win? It was going to be -1 at game time. No way would the Giants win. Guess what? The Giants won...

So beat that drum to death. Everyone will. All I know is that the Patriots have been tested in the postseason this year. They have not blown anyone out. So they are beatable. The Giants almost did it in week 17...

So I don't think it will be boring at all. I think the Giants have a strong shot at winning it. Their D can put pressure on Brady and their backfield should do OK against the Patriots WR's. I think it will be a fun game...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

The Giants are gonna take it, they put it to the Pats a few weeks ago and they hardly got out with a win. Plus Brady didnt look so good yesterday.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

What shocked me is the morning line was Pats, 13 1/2 pts. If I were a betting man, I'd take that bet.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Maybe I'm being pessimistic about the Giants chances, but anything is possible.
                I would love to see the Giants beat the Pats.
                -Rick

Comment

Meh.
                  Nascar is coming up.
                  But I expect that to suck as much, if not worse, than the NFL.
                  I guess I need to get into college basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                    Meh.
                    Nascar is coming up.
                    Yea NASCAR is coming up. Cant wait to see JR in a hendrix car.

I think I will end up watching about 2 quarters of the game because the Pats will be winning and I cant stand the Pats. I hope the Giants can win but I dont think they will.

Comment

Won't be watching it here either. Nothing worse than watching a cheating, classless team "win" again.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the Giants are my 2nd least favorite team. So fuck'em both.

Next game we'll be watching is pre-season in August...

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                        Meh.
                        Nascar is coming up.
                        Watch hockey.

BTW, bengal, the giants beat tampa, not washington. Im a steelers fan, i will be rooting for the giants. They shouldve beaten the pats last game of the reg. season.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          Watch hockey.

BTW, bengal, the giants beat tampa, not washington. Im a steelers fan, i will be rooting for the giants. They shouldve beaten the pats last game of the reg. season.
                          That's right. It was the Seahawks that beat Washington. I must have been remembering one of their regular season matchups...

They beat Tampa, an even better team than Washington and proves the point better. No one gave them a chance against Tampa's D and a rejuvinated Jeff Garcia in that one...

Fuck the Steelers...
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                            Watch hockey.

I do watch hockey. But the coverage isn't all that great here in the south.
                            We don't get to watch hardly anything until the post-season.

I know I'll end up watching the Superbowl, but if I'm scheduled to work the following day, I won't stay up for it. Go (gulp) Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch View Post
                              The Giants are gonna take it, they put it to the Pats a few weeks ago and they hardly got out with a win. Plus Brady didnt look so good yesterday.
                              +1

Giants will win!
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X