Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett Jackson auction pics

Just got back from the auction today.
    Realized I left the good camera at home AFTER I already got there.
    These were taken with my iPhone. Not great quality, but not bad either.
    Lighting was spotty in the tents.

Enjoy!

http://wjohnstone.googlepages.com/barrett-jacksonaction
    -Rick

Yeeowza! nice rides!

Comment

Oh, this really pumps my nads!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yup, Bill...looks like the real deal to me!
        Thanks for Mach 1's, too. I spied a nice Shelby GT, also.
        The paint on the customized Camaro RS (?) looks jaw-dropping!

Comment

Thanks for all the Corvette pics Rick! Did you happen to see any old 60's Thunderbirds by chance?
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Bill, that was the real deal. Sweet ride!

Cyg, the custom painted Camero was an SS. The other was a Z/28... the guy stuffed a 502 in there... frikkin incredible ride.
            Shelby GT's everywhere... I saw so many GT 350's and 500's you'd think they were still being mass produced.

Chuk, the Vette's are my fav... only one 63 split window at the entire show. There were more 57/58 and 65-67's than you could shake a stick at.
            Only one 60's era T-bird that I saw.

Still kickin' myself for not bringing the good camera. My iPhone battery was dying so I had to stop taking pics.
            Last edited by rjohnstone; 01-20-2008, 09:38 AM.
            -Rick

Comment

Did you by chance see that Prototype 'Vette? Anyway, I dig the pictures; the Corvettes are some of my favors and those look sweet (actually have been to Corvettes at Carlisle (sp?) a few times).

Comment

I watched part of this yesterday on speed tv. That cobra went for 625k, someone got a great deal on it. They also sold carroll shelbys' gt500, it went for 675. Saw some other crazy shit too.
                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

A friend of my parents started collecting in the early '70s and had 2 Cobras at one point. Pretty sure he paid less than $30K for each of them, but it was still considered a lot of $$ at the time. Now it's hard to believe how little it was! I haven't seen him in quite some time, but I saw him driving his blue one a few years ago. No idea if he still has it or the other one. I'd be very tempted to sell at these prices, but he's pretty well off.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    Did you by chance see that Prototype 'Vette? Anyway, I dig the pictures; the Corvettes are some of my favors and those look sweet (actually have been to Corvettes at Carlisle (sp?) a few times).
                    Prototype?
                    If you mean the one in the GM area with the carbon fiber hood, that wasn't prototype, it is the new ZR.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      Prototype?
                      If you mean the one in the GM area with the carbon fiber hood, that wasn't prototype, it is the new ZR.
                      Nah, there was another that was on TV last night. The Italian designed one, I think it was from the early '60s, and went for like $1.7 Million

EDIT: In fact, its the one right behind the AC Cobra.

Comment

That Mach 1 you found...
                        SW and I were watching today and it went for 34k...
                        She was saying, why didn't you call it in? She wants one so bad,
                        and really misses my old Machs 1's I did have. Oh, well.

Comment

On a related note, I snapped a few bad phone pics of a Ferrari at my friend's race shop yesterday. They mostly handle actual racecars but it was cool to see this one there. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v422/thetroy/Enzo/

Comment

Those Camaros are makin me drool LOL..Sure do miss mine. I had a 68 once..grrr..

Thanks for the pics

Comment

amazing machines. thanks for the shots.
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X