Keyboard skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard skills

God knows, I have used mine alot. In fact, when I was in college I had to use a fucking typewriter. It was Hunt and Peck with two fingers.:ROTF: And I'm still doing that. But ,I am going to learn how to use those other fingers. So typos be damned. I'm going digital. And I'm not going to backspace to correct what I do.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

It's very important to be able to use the keyboard efficiently, for me.So, slow typers,BEHOLD!
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

fett, are you referring to the traditional method?
      I am typing like that right now, I actually learned in high
      school on an IBM Selectric. The family's Royal was actually easier
      to use, had great "action", so to speak.
      I thought I would be one of the only guys in that class in 1979,
      but others either wanted to take it for a credit filler, or to get closer to the babes.
      I, of course was going for the credit filler. Until Julie Putnam beat my speed. Then it became a competition.

Comment

I am referring to using two fingers to type. Yes, a lot of writers use that but I ttring to use, at least, 4 or 5.:ROTF: And I have to look at the keyboard. This is harder than playing the guitar. I produced a monster college report that the Prof wanted to keep in his files. I got an A- because it was 2AM and I XXXXXXX out a whole paragraph. And I just typed after that.:ROTF:
        Last edited by fett; 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

My skills slipped badly by going to a PC type keyboard.
          The action was too low, so to speak, and the spacing is
          way off. I was much faster, and more accurate on the old IBM
          office typewriter.

Comment

I type very quickly, without looking. I can type at least 70 words a minute on a regular keyboard. I'm also a court reporter and write/type at least 225 words on a steno machine. Yes, one of these machines...

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Rjw 9 d00ij lppj.Anuo o dym e0y 0mfdssn. There! I tried not looking.:ROTF: I just want to be able to type a little more gooder and improve my grammer.

Comment

You could start by spelling grammar correctly. :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Don't fuck with me.:ROTF: Now all of a sudden the letters are slanted. I'm old. Leave me alone. I want Selectric.:ROTF:
                  Last edited by fett; 01-16-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Don't fuck with me.:ROTF: Now all of a sudden the letters are slanted. I'm old. Leave me alone.
                    :ROTF:
                    We're just picking, Viking god like secretary typist office assistant....!

Comment

I have a Type F personallity.:ROTF: And the letters aren't slanted anymore. I'm so confused.

Comment

http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?i...3gx202pi10ai50

She's hot too!!!!!

Actually, I had to learn to increase my typing from 2 fingers because of a job, you don't really need a course just keep typing without looking at your fingers, if your job depends on it, you will get better quick!!!!

Comment

Not me. I was on the phone at a brokerage firm for years. One too many numbers or a mistyped symbol could mean a disaster. I guess that's why we had to read back the order as is looked on the screen.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
                            http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?i...3gx202pi10ai50

She's hot too!!!!!

Actually, I had to learn to increase my typing from 2 fingers because of a job, you don't really need a course just keep typing without looking at your fingers, if your job depends on it, you will get better quick!!!!
                            Julie Putnam wasn't hot, just a thorn in my side...
                            She reminds me of that uptight blonde on The Office (Angela Kinsley).
                            But, hey, competition makes for a good race. I lost that one, and still
                            remember her. But not in a "hot" way.

Comment

I never could break the habit of looking at the keyboard (I do it with the guitar too) and never got above 45 wpm because of that. My little sister kicks my ass at 80 wpm, no errors. I took typing in jr. college and was the only guy in class - IBM Selectric II and we could only use those film-style correction tapes, they didn't have correction cartridges in typewriters yet in 1979 AFAIK.

Posting on messageboards has probably helped me rehab my left hand after my stroke more than playing guitar, since, sadly, I do much more of the former than the latter.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X