Carless in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carless in Seattle

I am actually liking taking the bus on my supermarket/thriftstore rounds. I have to walk 20 minutes each way to the bus stop. For $1.25, I can get anywhere I want to be. I live north of Seattle but there is everything I need up here. The upside/downside is I can't buy anything big. I did bring that Norman acoustic home on the bus. It was no big deal. The people and the drivers I meet are a trip. Even if I want to ship a guitar, the UPS Store or USPS is on the routes. Standing outside in a Northwest winter is not much fun. But, I am a Viking Norm-Like Person.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I tried taking the train/metra to work a couple of times hated it.
    Now if my car doesn't work I am not going to work, there is no why I can do it now.
    If you like taking the bus good for you fett. The walk to the stops in a chicago winter really sucks. avoiding the falling ice off the sears tower sucks to, in the spring when everything is melting.

Comment

It's not that bad here.. I live in the 'burbs. I know when to stay home. Going to work is a whole other issue.

Comment

in the 40 years i have lived here fett, i have never been on a Metro. I'd have to drive to get on one and mowt often that is the same area i'd be going anyways.

I know one of the drivers and with the stories he had told me, there will be a day you will regret being on the bus ....
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

It's Community Transit in Lynnwood. Do you honestly think anyone would fuck with me?:ROTF: I'm 6'6" and 280. And I look like a homeless person.:ROTF:

Comment

Cars are cheap in America. Half of the price we pay for our cars, goes to taxes. So, it would be pretty precise to say that our government always consists of fucktards.

For example,

If you want to buy a Mercedes-Benz E200 Kompressor in Turkey,

The price without the taxes is 39,940 Euros. With the taxes, it becomes 75,891 Euros.

Do the math.
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

greenfett...

ecofett...

earthwatchfett...

cheapfett...

More power to you buddy. Nothing wrong with public transportation...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm looking for the car or truck I really want. In the meantime, I settle for "ecofett".

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  Cars are cheap in America. Half of the price we pay for our cars, goes to taxes. So, it would be pretty precise to say that our government always consists of fucktards.

For example,

If you want to buy a Mercedes-Benz E200 Kompressor in Turkey,

The price without the taxes is 39,940 Euros. With the taxes, it becomes 75,891 Euros.

Do the math.

It's a Mercedes-Benz, it's going to be expensive.

Try Hyundai or Toyota or one of the other Japanese brands - surely you guys get those over there? How about Volkswagon? Subaru? And shop around fer cryin out loud - don't go for the budget-buster just because it's got all the cool toys in it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pedefett? I wish I could mass transit to work, I wouldn't feel so badly about my "carbon footprint" (I drive 40 minutes to work from the country in a gas guzzler).

Comment

I thought Vikings traveled in ships, the seamen type.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

What if there's an emergency?
                        Short of calling an ambulance, you're stuck.

I'm not paranoid, but I think like that.
                        I even keep my vehicles full of gas in case of whatever...(like Katrina).
                        Even though Katrina happened thousands of miles away from me, there
                        was no gasoline to be found for a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          It's a Mercedes-Benz, it's going to be expensive.

Try Hyundai or Toyota or one of the other Japanese brands - surely you guys get those over there? How about Volkswagon? Subaru? And shop around fer cryin out loud - don't go for the budget-buster just because it's got all the cool toys in it.

A honda Civic Sedan 1.6 with automatic transmission costs about 32.000 dollars here. Of course, the value of USD has decreased in the last year,so it used to cost less dollar-wise, but the value's constant in our currency, and it's still much more expensive than it should be.
                          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                            What if there's an emergency?
                            Short of calling an ambulance, you're stuck.

I'm not paranoid, but I think like that.
                            I even keep my vehicles full of gas in case of whatever...(like Katrina).
                            Even though Katrina happened thousands of miles away from me, there
                            was no gasoline to be found for a day or two.
                            Thousands? It's 597.51 miles from Biloxi to Irmo. I get your point, but it's only 2,000 miles from Biloxi to Los Angeles!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X