Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(3 new vids) Finally... A vid of my last band playing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (3 new vids) Finally... A vid of my last band playing...

I'll try to make a better video encoding, but at least the audio is clean.

Nematocyst - Zone of Perpetual Darkness... it's Technical Death...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88519216387531

Although you can't really tell there were over 100 paid admissions, and we got a percentage of the bar tab, which ended up being about $60 in my pocket for a 15 minute set.

3 new videos added to my myspace page:
    http://myspace.com/46194386

Feel free to add me, or not.
    Last edited by xenophobe; 01-01-2008, 09:57 AM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Cool beans. I like your tone.

Comment

Dude, that was fucking great. You guys have a page with more stuff or anything? Definitely would like to check it out.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I got more stuff to encode... I'm just learning it now so it's taking a long time. I'll post more when I can.

There is an unmaintained myspace with two rough studio cuts here:
        http://myspace.com/6908817

Comment

I like the music. The vocals are a bit loud for my taste on that clip, I'm not too gone on the singers style there either. Have you guys got more studio type stuff I could hear?

Comment

Cool stuff, Mike!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks toe!

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
              I like the music. The vocals are a bit loud for my taste on that clip, I'm not too gone on the singers style there either. Have you guys got more studio type stuff I could hear?
              Yeah, well the audio is direct from a video camera which was right next to the PA.

The only studio type stuff is on that myspace link.

I got rehersal stuff, but the sound quality is pretty bad.

Comment

nice one, Mike. Would love to see more.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

That's awesome. But yeah, vocalist is alittle too loud on the clip. Wicked drummer.

Comment

Yeah, Ryan is an amazing drummer. I've worked with a number of great local drummers, and he's by far the most unique and talented... If you listen to the studio tracks, that's him singing too. He can also sing and play drums at the same time as well. Just mindblowing.

He's also the songwriter and is an insane composer. Most of the riffs are his. A lot of the stuff is just too technical for anyone but him to play as well, so that limits what can actually be played by even accomplished guitarists. He has no formal training... purely a natural talent.
                    Last edited by xenophobe; 12-30-2007, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Great music, I love that style!

That said, I didn't really enjoy the live clip due to the audio quality, hard to make out the riffs. Well actually I've never seen a vid of my own band (technical death as well) that was any better, so I know that problem.

However the myspace stuff sounds really good, especially for being rough cuts!

And +1 on your drummer...
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Very Nice broseph Xeno!!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks guys... more vids added. Yeah, they're live so there are fuckups... :p

I've been here so long... probably 7 years, and until now I've never proved that I can actually play. haha.

I wish I had vid of another show where I was playing this set on guitar. Oh well...

Comment

Awesome. It would be even cooler if you played bass with your fingers instead of a pick!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, not likely.... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X