Guitar Hero guitar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero guitar project

My boy is stoked. While he is visiting me, we are going to start the conversion of a real guitar to be used for his X-Box 360 Guitar Hero game. His friends are really into it. They have Guitar Hero parties.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

It will be a vast improvement.:ROTF:

Comment

In case you dont have any instructions yet.
      http://toolmonger.com/2006/12/05/how...ro-controller/
      Have fun!
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

It's going to be fun. While he is here, we are going to remove the board and take out the trussrod. He has all the loose parts from other GH guitars to make it work at his place. Have you checked out how much they are? Like $300 or more.

Comment

thats an awesome idea fett. i wonder if some wizard could work it with a working trem that works in the game as well? are ugoing to put the finger buttons in the ifngerboard of the mockingbird??

Comment

Yep. The buttons where he wants them. There is only the one real pot. but the control cavity is 5 inches long so there is plenty of room for the new buttons. As you can see, there is open space for the "Strummer". This could work out very well.

Comment

yeah, i can't wait to see what it'll look like when u've done it. u have to take photos!

Comment

I have over 125 real guitars.:ROTF: When he saw the Mockingbird, his eyes lit up.:ROTF: I asked him about the GH neck buttons and he said they are not very thick. They should fit in the fretboard without digging into the neck. With the trussrod out, there is the channel for the wires. I don't know, but it has me stoked as well.

Comment

That is going to be very cool! Let us know how it ends up. You may want to patent it.

Comment

They already do that. But, this guitar seems perfect for the project.

Comment

That's great! You all know real guitars are for old people :ROTF:
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

this seems like a really cool project
                        for the next project you should try turning a GH guitar to a REAL guitar hehe
                        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                          thats an awesome idea fett. i wonder if some wizard could work it with a working trem that works in the game as well? are ugoing to put the finger buttons in the ifngerboard of the mockingbird??

A WhammyII board set to pitch bend and the GH bar attached to the knob's control points and......
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i picked up GH III for one of my daughters. she was up till 1 am this morning trying to beat one of the Bosses. we may have to have an intervention if she keeps playing it!
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Plan B. We are going to use this body.

Comment

Working...
                              X