Anybody remember Doro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember Doro?

I was listening on her intveiws on a friend of mines website and decided to do a bit of youtube surfing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmnVNxEmBn4&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TSc2yYOGwMo&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=87mOs0f6ZTU&feature=related
    Just one more guitar!

I saw her open up for Dio many many years ago. I think she has great stage presence and a great voice. I've only heard a few Warlock tunes, they are ok. I wish their songwriting was a little better.

Comment

HELL YEAH she'll be here in south Florida in April I have front row seats!
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Sure, she's been putting out stuff, her last a few years ago. Waner bros didn't release one back in the mid 90's that took over three years to make. I still have my old Warlock cds. I saw her open for Dio on the Magica tour.

I'd still nail her..she still looked pretty good when I saw her..she's pretty small!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Drake, she would come up to your balls..perfect!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Warlock kicked ass back in the day.
            I saw a later version of warlock when they opened for Femme Fatale in 89.
            I had WOOD for the entire show.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Warlock stuff actually stood up with time. It doesn't really sound dated. She could actually re-record that stuff out with better production now, or put out remastered versions.

Comment

I love Doro and also her big ass

Comment

doros great. the last two warlock albums rock. i believe the current dokken guitarist was on force majeure

Comment

Perfect INDEED Billz I'll get er done & tell her Billz Bub made me do it!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Drake, she would come up to your balls..perfect!
                    According To The Prophecy

Comment

I worked with them for the US/Canada run in 2007. She is a SWEETHEART (and still hot! lol), and her band is a bunch of cool dudes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        The Warlock stuff actually stood up with time. It doesn't really sound dated. She could actually re-record that stuff out with better production now, or put out remastered versions.
                        Remasters would be great, but her current band butchers the Warlock stuff live. Her lead guitarist is, I think, incapable of playing that stuff correctly. He is a pentatonic guy and that's about it.

But Doro is basically "mom" to this lineup and they've been with her for about 15 years, so I don't think there's much chance of an upgrade.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          Remasters would be great, but her current band butchers the Warlock stuff live. Her lead guitarist is, I think, incapable of playing that stuff correctly. He is a pentatonic guy and that's about it.

But Doro is basically "mom" to this lineup and they've been with her for about 15 years, so I don't think there's much chance of an upgrade.
                          Funny - i was not all that familiar with most of her stuff before the tour, but have a couple of her older discs and the Warlock stuff.
                          I agree - I saw the whole tour FIRST with Caffery and Luca Princiota (sp??) on guitar. They had an energy and intensity, and a modern playing style. they killed on the older stuff. So i had those versions in my head (you hear it 20-something nights in a 30 day period - it gets stuck in your head!)lol

One of the things they gave me was the 20 yr CD, and I see/hear what you are saying. The footage with their regular guys (Joe and Ollie) sounds more like classic rock or sounds more limited. Energy level is "less" with that lineup. Ollie may be a full time member of Kamelot now, so you may see a line-up change. Not sure about that though.

Regardless - I have to say- Johnny Dee and Nick Douglas are a tight, killer, underrated rhythm section. Funny/cool guys as well. Some of the stuff they got into during soundchecks was incredible. I wish they were able to contribute more to the songwriting.
                          And again, props to Doro and the guys - she gives 10000% to her fans. She was sick for half of the tour, and you would not have known it besides a few voice issues during the last shows. No complaints - she was a trooper and was literally upset when she could not do the encore.. not cause it stroked her ego, but because she thought she was shortchanging the fans. Then, even when sick, she did the full meet&greet afterwards. She was always very gracious, and very appreciative of her fans. Always positive and high energy... she really loves what she does.
                          If I was TM, I would have cancelled a couple of the shows... and the meet& greets would have not lasted 2 hrs after she got off stage

Comment

Cool, thanks for the insight. I actually found a mint used copy of her long OOP 1984 "Burning the Witches" for 5 bucks about a month ago. I had to grab it. That was the only one I didn't have. When I was listening to it, I thought it was quite heavy for that time..lots of faster tempo double kick tunes. Warlock was a very polished early German power metal band.

If you don't have any Warlock..The still in print "Earthshaker Rock" is a great introduction..a very good (best of) compilation.

Comment

i wouldn't have called warlock power metal. i'd have said they were more akin to glam metal - fight for rock, all we are etc are pretty glam songs. i'd have said they were heavy more glam like keel and warrior and that

Comment

Working...
                              X