X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Druggies

Mitchell Report: The Lineup

Bonds, Clemens among dozens fingered in MLB steroid probe

DECEMBER 13--Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Miguel Tejada, Gary Sheffield, Andy Pettitte, and Paul Lo Duca top the list of baseball stars fingered today as users of performance-enhancing drugs in the bombshell investigative report issued by George Mitchell, who has spent the past 20 months probing the widespread use of steroids and other banned substances in the sport
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

MLB isn't going to like that logo.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

"fingered, probed, widespread"

Sounds like my last physical.
      "POOP"

Comment

No one cares man. I lost all respect for pro athletes long ago. I dont care if they want to die early from health reasons for money. If I want to watch a game I will. I know they are on the juice. I have a bigger issue with the players being paid over 20 mil a yr to play a kids game. A ROD is working on a 10 yr 275 million dollar deal. Hes a juice head too.

Comment

What about those chicks in pro wrestling!

Comment

Nowadays chicks in pro wrestling are mostly feminine and hot, like Trish Stratus "Canadas greatest export" but there used to be some beasts

Anyone know where there is just a list of the players, that report is 400 pages

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
              A ROD is working on a 10 yr 275 million dollar deal. Hes a juice head too.
              No he's not. He's far too stupid to have ever kept it quiet if he was. AROD is a lot of things, but he's never been pointed at for cheating. And Petite is born again, you couldn't get him to cheat at checkers with a gun to his head. This is all hearsay from felons, and won't serve any purpose at all except to steal headlines from the Patriots.
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Didn't A Rod try that "I got it" trick to get the fielder to drop it when he was base running? And when he slapped at Arroyos glove coming into first?

That's cheating!

Comment

I thought the "I got it" thing was funny as hell, personally, having done it myself in little league back in the day.
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

It's not cheating- It's breaking the rules, at least in the first, not in the second. You can yell whatever you like out there. Is it bush? Yes. Illegal, no.

Slapping a ball out of a glove is interference and is illegal. He got would have been out, no matter what he did. Sliding wayyyy off the bag to break up a double play is illegal and should be called more often. It's breaking the rules, but not cheating.

Cheating is corking your bat, taking steroids, using illegal substances on the ball, etc. Cheating is getting an unfair advantage.

How about football- A late hit isn't cheating, for example- but it is illegal. Holding? Maybe a combination of both, especially if it's done repeatedly, intentionally, with the purpose of garnering an advantage that can't be had sticking to the rules. If you are, every single down, grabbing a big fat double fistful of someone's jersey and concealing it from the zebras, I'd argue it's both cheating and illegal. Spraying your jersey with Teflon? Recording another team's sideline action, in a manner explicitly prohibited by the sanctioning bodies of the game, in order to gain an unfair advantage running against a competitors plays (no offense Pats fans- Got no dog in this fight, just the most recent example)? Absolutely cheating.

To complicate things even more- HGH wasn't even explicitly banned by MLB until a few years ago. So it was cheating but NOT illegal as far as the game was concerned.

Vass
                    Last edited by Vass; 12-13-2007, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Maybe the Steriod committee will go after George Lynch next

Comment

All sports are corrupt be definition. The days of a natural athelete are way over.

Comment

Here's a list if anyones interested:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10734

Yeah, I know there's a dif between steroids and violating on field rules!

Comment

All my Heros were juiced. I am crushed. No, I'm not. I haven't watched a complete baseball game for eons. The whole sport is so fucked up in a ton of ways. Juice makes it a joke. The way they play the game today makes this old fart not give a fart.

Comment

The only problem I have with them doing steroids is that it keeps guys who don't want to do that to themselves in the middle or bottom of the pack for the most part. Don't want kids growing up thinking they have to juice up to be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X