I bought a laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a laptop

I just took the plunge and bought a fujitsu T2010 tablet. I wrote this message with a stylus, it's pretty neat!

Well done!
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      I just took the plunge and bought a fujitsu T2010 tablet. I wrote this message with a stylus, it's pretty neat!

I like my laptop better then my desk top.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

So how do you like Vista so far?
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Vista is great with 4 gigabytes of RAM

Comment

!
            I still can't see what you're saying....
            Try another laptop.
            My boys use Compaq.

Comment

Vista is great with 4 gigabytes of RAM
              Which is why I use 2000 or XP on my recording rig. Good old Microsoft, helping people everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                Which is why I use 2000 or XP on my recording rig. Good old Microsoft, helping people everywhere.
                Yeah, 2000 runs great on my old 386 with 2MB of RAM. Oh wait, Microsoft accepts the fact that technology moves forward. Maybe you should too.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Yeah, 2000 runs great on my old 386 with 2MB of RAM. Oh wait, Microsoft accepts the fact that technology moves forward. Maybe you should too.
                  Vista looks pretty, but runs like crap. Security, compatabilty, stability, performance, you name it, vista sucks at it.

Every major manufacturer has gone back to XP as a standard because of customer demand, both private and commercial.

Vista was a step neither forward or backwards, it has gone and is going nowhere, and with any luck will die a quick death like 'ME' did.

-Steve
                  Guitars:
                  '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                  '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                  '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                  Amp:
                  VOX AD30VT

Comment

Yeah,,I've heard nothing but bad about it.
                    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I could give a rat's ass about what Microsoft accepts. Maybe you should too. What's more, that sounds like severe hyperbole. Are you baiting me?

I've been "recording" music on wintel computers since 3.1. I'll stick to the stable and efficient thank you very much. It's a strategy that has consistently beaten the crap out of the systems of early adopters and consumers of marketing bs.

PS. One can always make multiple partitions and run whatever on the same box.

Comment

Vista runs great on here. The tablet functionality is really cool.

Comment

I should be getting a laptop soon, mainly for recording stuff.. maybe for a few games.

Not too sure what to get, but I want XP.

Comment

If you guys are looking for a reliable, multitrack recording setup using a notebook, I would go for one using an external soundcard using Firewire + having dual 7200rpm hard drives and a stripped down WinXP.

I would not bother with Vista. Yet.
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by åron View Post
                              I could give a rat's ass about what Microsoft accepts. Maybe you should too. What's more, that sounds like severe hyperbole. Are you baiting me?

I've been "recording" music on wintel computers since 3.1. I'll stick to the stable and efficient thank you very much. It's a strategy that has consistently beaten the crap out of the systems of early adopters and consumers of marketing bs.

PS. One can always make multiple partitions and run whatever on the same box.
                              Baiting? Me?

It just bugs me when people complain about system requirements of a new OS. Features demand higher powered machines.

To the others complaining about how all major OEMs have moved back to XP, that is just a blatant lie. Please show me a pre-built machine that comes with XP.

Security, compatabilty, stability, performance, you name it, vista sucks at it.
                              You've been watching too many Apple commercials. The only major problems Vista had were all driver-related, which MS has no control over. Have you used Vista? Unless you have I don't think you can really comment on any of the things you listed. You're just spreading FUD.

Everyone I know who has Vista says that it took them a few weeks to get used to how Vista does things, and some even went back to XP for a short time, but they all ended up sticking with Vista.

Does anyone remember when XP first came out? It was horribly buggy, didn't run a whole lot of software that 98 did, and had almost no driver support for older hardware. Sound familiar?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X