X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Living In The South

Wednesday - Low Temp 28 degrees, High Temp 50 degrees

Tomorrow's forecast - Low Temp 63 degrees, High Temp 83 degrees

Freeze your ass off one day, burn up the next. Even though we have pretty radical temp variations, I guess it's better than being ass deep in ice and snow. What's it like in your neck of the woods?
    "POOP"

Hovering around 0, lows kicking around -7. Don't even ask about windchill

Comment

Just got a foot of snow over the last couple of days. Temp is hovering around 20F. We have the same type of temperature shifts here in Vermont...especially during the spring and fall.

Comment

Its about 50 out now, but it stays pretty much that way all winter. We just went through a couple of storms that shut down most of the roads between I-5 and Highway 101, but they have all but one back open now.

Our temps stay between 50 to 70 pretty much year round, with some dips as low as 28 for a day or two, and some highs of about 100 for a few days of the summer. Except for the monsoon season, I like the weather here. At least I don't have to shovel rain.

In the last 15 years, it has snowed twice here, and both times it melted the same day. But I do like nasty storms, and the coast gets some good ones. Just keep the generator full, and have lots of propane, batteries and candles on hand. The wife stocks the pantry and deep freeze like we are getting ready for a nuclear war, so that is taken care of.

Edit: I see that you live in Bossier City. I almost took a job with VIP boats, just north of you, back in '89. The wife and I decided to drive down and check out the area first, and I am glad we did. The damn crickets outside the hotel sounded like they were warming up chainsaws...lol! I turned down the job (running the electrical/motors dept) when I saw that they were building the harnesses out in the parking lot, and red seemed to be the favorite (and about the only) wiring color for the hot leads. :ROTF:

The engine harness was the only wiring that met USCG specs, and that was only because they bought them pre-made. I bet trouble shooting the wiring was a real blast.

No thanks. Still, it was very nice down there. The trip was fun, and we knew we were getting close when the store clerks went from saying 'You have a safe trip' to 'Y'all drive careful'.
        Last edited by DrDoug; 12-07-2007, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I just went and checked the weather at Yahoo:

Current temp - 32
          Todays (predicted?) low - 41

WTF?

It is supposed to get up to 69 tomorrow though.
          "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Current temp here - 81
            Low tonight - 67
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
              Current temp here - 81
              Low tonight - 67
              WTF -81 and -67 you must be freezing.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Bergen County, NJ.

Todays low 33
                high 37

I am growing to hate winter.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Ok I'll be the Jerk on the thread Winters here get about the mid 60's Welcome to Miami & winter last a couple of days in Dec. about a week in Jan. sometimes get a couple of late days in Feb. also , besides that we have 2 seasons Sun & Rain .
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

Here is SoCal it's 62 with a low of 45.

You would think we were in the Arctic with the way people dress when it gets below 70 here. It was 68 and sunny yesterday and I saw thick jackets with scarfs and gloves on a few people.
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      Bergen County, NJ.

Todays low 33
                      high 37

I am growing to hate winter.
                      Yeah, NJ winters have always pissed me off! Why do I live here again?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Colorado weather will be in 70's one day and snowing the next day!!

Comment

its like 45 here
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Horse Called War View Post
                            Colorado weather will be in 70's one day and snowing the next day!!
                            +1,, The weather in the south is stable as hell compared to CO, never seen anything like it,
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

TN is currently going through the same thing - almost sleeted this morning about 6AM but now it's like 70

Mmmmm, Cotton Country. Summers are fun, too, especially when you see how humid it has to be to grow cotton

Funny thing, we get like 0% humidity in Winter. My hands are splitting like I been on a winning streak in Fight Club
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X