Anyone ever seen a bug like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever seen a bug like this?

this? This was crawling on the bottom of our engine box that came from Dallas. However my co worker is from Dallas and has never seen anything like this. I haven't seen anything like this before and we are in Rochester, NY were it's 24 and snow on the ground. I asked everyone in the hangar and they haven't seen anything like this. Anyone?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...NewYork002.jpg
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Looks like one of the many thousands of Centipede subspecies. Creepy crawly.

Comment

Oh god Id have screamed like a little bitch! Ughhh!!!
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Damn, I'm only 175 miles from Dallas and I've never seen a creature like that. Where did the engine box originate from?
        "POOP"

Comment

We have those around here too. I stomp on em.
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Oh god Id have screamed like a little bitch! Ughhh!!!
            :ROTF:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Where did that photo come from? The picture confuses me. Is that thing standing on glass or is somebody holding it. In fact it looks like 2 strings attached front and rear. Or maybe a photoshop job.
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
                We have those around here too. I stomp on em.
                I'm located approx 60 miles north of Indy and they're all around too.
                I've seen them in and around my lawn, flowers, driveway and etc.
                I stomp on them too.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I watch a LOT of animal planet and never have I seen a bug like that! scary!

Did you get a chance to find out if it even bites?
                  Sam

Comment

They are here in Iowa. I've seen them in my basement. The fuckers are pretty fast...
                    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

We have guys like that in our basement here too they are really fast and creepy

Comment

We have them here in NC. I'm pretty sure they are harmless.
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

We've got some pretty wicked looking pray mantis' around here too.
                          Big and long. They're very common around here too.
                          We also have some nasty, hideous, wicked looking spiders alittle on the outskirts of the city. Several yrs ago, I drove out to small country gravel road....dead end...to relax. I parked the car and left the radio playing and got out to take a whiz along the side of the road. Not paying attention at all untill about finished taking a whiz, I noticed nearly every where I looked in front of me in the bushes and tallers weeds, and to the side of me, countless of these spiders I speak of. Big ugly black hideous wicked looking, it gave me the whoolies. Zipped up and went else where to relax.

The most scared I ever was coming in contacting with insects and creatures, was the time (teenage kid about 18 and still living at home) I walked out the front door. The road/street was just down over the hill (front yard) were some trees. I'm not making this up and have no reason to. It was early evening almost dark but not quite. As I was walking, out of one of those trees came a bat, yes a bat, and flew in a downward sweeping motion and landed right on my stomach.

I didn't see the bat come flying out the tree because it happened so fast, I saw a quick blur. I froze instantly no movement. I didn't look down or smack or hit off, I froze. It crawled quickly from my stomach area to my chest/heart area and stopped. As it seemed to stop and listen to or feel my heart beat monentairly. Staying there (the bat) what seemed forever I was holding my breath because I was freaking and afraid to breathe. It lasted about 6 or 7 seconds then crawled quickly to my shoulder area and flew off and away.

I went back up to the house went inside told my ordeal and smoked a few cigs till I got my composure back. I wasn't the same the rest of the night, it freaked me out.
                          Last edited by Soap; 12-06-2007, 10:28 PM.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            They are here in Iowa. I've seen them in my basement. The fuckers are pretty fast...
                            Yep, there are quick.

Comment

Those things are really fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X