Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone

Do any of you guys have this thing?

I'm wondering if it's possible to upload multiple photos at one time from it to a photo sharing site. Like specifically, if I were to take 20-30 pictures at NAMM, can I tell the phone to upload them all to a site and then stick it in my pocket and go about my business?

Normally I take my camera, shoot a bunch of pics of the Jackson booth, run back to my hotel room, load them onto my laptop and FTP them. Which is a gigantic pain in the ass.

I played with the iphone today and really dug it, if it can do this photo thing I'll probably grab one and leave my laptop at home!
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

As long as the site supports uploading multiple photos at the same time, then yes. Assuming you have an internet connection available as you walk around.

This is just what I assume the phone would support, after reading about it and being a geek. I have no personal experience with the phone.
    Scott

Comment

flickr allows uploads via email, so in theory, you could take pictures, then email them to flickr.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
        flickr allows uploads via email, so in theory, you could take pictures, then email them to flickr.
        Would that only be one at a time?
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

not sure. i can test it out for ya. hold pleez.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i just sent 5 to the address that they give you and they're up there now. wow. pretty neat!
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You can upload pictures on the fly, but as of right now it only allows you to do it 1 at a time.

When I went to Vegas a few weeks ago I was uploading photos as I was out and about.
              http://gallery.mac.com/melvinny#100050
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Sully, you can send more than 1 pic from your iphone in a single email?

Here is 2 pics I just sent to my album right now. If you click the "send to album" link on the top of the page. You can send pics to this album with any device that has email.

Anyone that wants to click the link hit the send to link on the top and add a photo.

http://gallery.mac.com/melvinny#100074&bgcolor=black

It's an option I can turn on and off.
                Last edited by VinceV; 12-05-2007, 09:50 PM.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

ah, therein lies the question, as i do not own an iphone. i was on the assumption that you could email more than one pic on an iphone through the mail app. is that not the case?

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

No unfortunately it only allows 1 photo to be attached to an email at a time. What's cool with the .mac album is that when you are in your photo album on the iphone when you click on the send link it gives you the option of sending within an email or straight to you .mac photo album and allows you which sub album to send it to.

Comment

Matt, maybe you could slip someone a NAMM ticket on the sly in exhange for them being your "intern" for an hour or so? i.e., Someone in attendance from this board - not actually conducting business at NAMM - could run back and upload the pics for you. ...Just a suggestion.

Comment

There's no way to send more than one without third party software. Here's a program that should work:

http://code.google.com/p/iflickr/
                        -Adam

Comment

Vincent - How long did it take you to upload all the Vegas pics from your iphone?

Comment

i don't want to speak for vince, but matt, you will find that you will have faster uploads when connected to a wifi network than you will on a GSM/EDGE network.
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, I've read alot about the slow Edge network. I guess I'm thinking I need a wifi signal either way, if I'm using my laptop or the iphone to upload pics. There are alot of rumors about the 2nd generation iphone using the 3G network, which is supposed to be faster than Edge. I'm assuming it will be more expensive than the current version at $399.00 though.

Comment

Working...
                              X