Folks, I need some mojo up here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, I need some mojo up here...

My dad had a heart attack this morning and is in the hospital. The docs said it was a minor one, but my old man has a history of heart issues. He inherited bad cholesterol from his mother (who died at 53), and he's had 2 bypass surgeries, angioplasty, and beat prostate cancer in the mid '90's. He's a tough guy though, as he has overcome all of that, and hasn't had any major health problems since the cancer, but this has me worried. He's 67 now and will be having an angiogram tomorrow to see how bad things are. If it's really bad and the docs recommend another bypass he says he won't do it. I don't blame him, after all it's not like getting a tooth pulled. It's very intrusive, risky and takes a long time to recover from.
    My brother is pretty stressed out over this. His girlfiriend's dad died suddenly last week of an apparent heart attack. He was 62 and seemed in perfect health. Her family is very upset and are still kinda in shock beacuse of the sudden nature of it. I think the funeral was stressful on my dad too, not coz he was close with her dad, but it really hit close to home if you know what I mean.
    My old man seems in good spirits though, he was very chatty at the hospital and that's good. The whole thing was bad, but could have been much worse. I guess we'll have to wait for the test results tomorrow. I won't be sleeping tonight, that's for sure.

Sorry for the long speech. I didn't even realize how much I typed until now.

If you cats could just say a prayer or send a little mojo my dad's way, I'd really appreciate it. I think I'll go play the guitar a bit. I need to calm the fuck down.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Prayers on the way bro.
    My wife recently lost her grandmother to a heart attack and her grandfather has had 5 bypass surgeries. We all thought he would go first, so her death was very unexpected.

Jam your ass off and try not to dwell on it tonight.
    Think positive for tomorrow is a new day.
    -Rick

Comment

You can count on my to pray for you and your dad. I will give you all the mojo I have. Why does that sound like a line from Cross Roads? I know I have mojo to share I have survived all kinds of shit already.
      Wishing you the best and stay possitive,
      Scott
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'll send some too. I must have some because I'm still on this earth after all the shit I've been thru.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mojo sent! Theres some heart problems on my mothers side of the family... it sucks

Could be worse, strokes run in my girlfriends family... her grandmother had a really bad one, couldn't speak for two months, and lost all her short term memory. I've heard of worse happening too... good thing your dad seems to be taking it in stride, sicknesses fucking suck man...

Comment

Prayers, (and mojo), sent. My very dear father in law had similar troubles, but gave everything his best shot right to the last. It must have been beyond difficult, but he lived his life the best he could, and carried out a fairly good life even after multiple serious close encounters.

Comment

Mojo sent your (and your fathers) way. I hope for the best for him, and I hope it all goes better than expected for you all. I hear you on the out of nowhere death as awhile back my Mom was in the hospital for about two months and we were worried that this was 'it'. Then right out of the blue, my mother in law was in the hospital one evening and she passed away the next morning. We were looking one way all worried to death, and were blindsided by her Mom passing suddenly. No warning signs in her case, nothing. Just WHAM.

It still bothers my wife (and I) that we were not able to be there for her Mom, but I console her with the fact that even if we had dropped what we were doing and had rushed to her side, we would not have made it in time. Luckily, my Mom recovered, so we did not have two disasters in a row. But we know that my Mom is living on borrowed time, and we will be coming to that juncture sooner than we like.

Best wishes to you and your family, and thank you for sharing your worries with us. Having others to talk to when life gets rough sometimes helps us deal with the problems that life confronts us all with. It also helps others to understand that while their life may be going well now, that can change in the blink of an eye. It reminds us of the humanity of others and puts things in perspective for us.

Comment

All the best to your old man, I'm fondling my mojo now and willing some on its way to you and your family.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Mojo (with a passport to make sure it gets there) on the way
                  Best of luck to you and the family

Comment

Mojo sent and I hope everthing works out.Update and let us know how it goes..............
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Mojo coming your way, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Mojo sent, and thoughts and prayers for you, your dad, and your whole family.

I had a customer when I lived in California, a little old lady who owned an apartment building and was 95 years old. She walked at least 2 miles a day and was VERY spry. She had had a quad bypass 20 years prior to that time and was going strong 20 years later.

I mention this because your dad is only 67. I can only imagine how much pain and discomfort recovering from bypass surgery is. But he will feel a lot better after he recovers, and will likely have many good years afterward.

Maybe just mention that to your dad, or print the whole thread so he can see your concern, and your JCF family's support and best wishes, without having to say it to him.

In any case, God bless you all and may he make a good full recovery.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

One mojo coming up! Best of luck with everything, I hope he recovers soon.
                          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery headed north.
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

prayers sent for a smooth surgery and 100% speedy recovery!
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X