Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitarworlds Interview with Dave Mustaine

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/d...C-BT9514612007
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Dave sure knows how to talk.
    -Janne

Comment

"Friedman is a tie with Drover" ?? WTF?? Dave Mustaine is off his f**cking rocker. Marty Friedman is one of the best metal soloists ever, period. Glen Drover gets points for trying but he's not in the same league. Megadeth for me is Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman and Menza. I'm sorry to say that the current line up is a tribute band, and I'm really sorry, because as you may have guessed I'm a fanboy. I've been hooked since countdown. I waited at a record store on halloween 94 and got my copy of youthanasia out of the first box at 12 o'clock at night. This shit right now is not Megadeth.
      Last edited by levantin; 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
        "Friedman is a tie with Drover" ?? WTF?? Dave Mustaine is off his f**cking rocker. Marty Friedman is one of the best metal soloists ever, period. Glen Drover gets points for trying but he's not in the same league. Megadeth for me is Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman and Menza. I'm sorry to say that the current line up is a tribute band, and I'm really sorry, because as you may have guessed I'm a fanboy. I've been hooked since countdown. I waited at a record store on halloween 94 and got my copy of youthanasia out of the first box at 12 o'clock at night. This shit right now is not Megadeth.
        No, He's not as good a soloist as Marty but IMO the last 2 albums are more "Megadeth" than anything Dave's done since Rust In Peace. And to me the original lineup is still the best. Poland is one of the few guys out there who sound like noone else. Can't say that about too many others, In that respect he's in a league with Beck, VH, Uli, Yngwie, Holdsworth, Morse and a few others who are instantly recognizable.
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I love Friedman and Poland, Drover is a bit... meh... to me.

Friedman has some amazing work on Youthanasia... it's not as good as his R.I.P of course, but it's still bloody brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy View Post
            No, He's not as good a soloist as Marty but IMO the last 2 albums are more "Megadeth" than anything Dave's done since Rust In Peace.
            No way man you can't beat Countdown and Youthanasia plus Glen will never be able to write a solo like Symphony of Destruction, Killing Road. To be honest I'd be surprised if he could do something 1/5 as good
            Last edited by NextInLine; 11-18-2007, 07:36 AM.
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I dont know about anyone else here....but some of Glen's solos on UA seem like he is trying to play like Marty

Comment

Friedman was very good, always interesting. He always felt 'rented' to me in Megadeth. You knew Dave had gone out and 'bought' him basically to keep some shred cred in megadeth, and keep him ahead of Metallica for resident guitar hero sweepstakes. But Marty had no thrash in his veins whatsover. Not a drop. He was not a metal guy, and it was obvious 24/7. Megadeth only ever seemed like a real band to me for the first two albums. After that it has been Dave and the Rent-o-matics. Drover maybe fits in more as an actual metal player. Not as unique or flashy as Friedman or Poland (he ruled). He is more like the bland faceless metronome addicts that GIT spews out all day long. They are all interchangeable.

Comment

That was really interesting. Thanks for posting it!
                  Scott

Comment

Dave Mustaine is Megadeth. Bands change, evolve, change members. All in all, I think they have done well over the years. I have seen them live so many times I've lost count. I can say this, I have never been given any thing less than a kick ass show. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say for many other "big" name bands that I have seen. Yes , I am a fan, but they give me a reason to be and remain one.
                    The Buzzard does not fear
                    The man in riot gear
                    Harvest a skull of stone
                    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                      "Friedman is a tie with Drover" ?? WTF?? Dave Mustaine is off his f**cking rocker. Marty Friedman is one of the best metal soloists ever, period. Glen Drover gets points for trying but he's not in the same league. Megadeth for me is Mustaine, Ellefson, Friedman and Menza. I'm sorry to say that the current line up is a tribute band, .....

This shit right now is not Megadeth.
                      +1,000,000

that's it, in a nutshell
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post
                        But Marty had no thrash in his veins whatsover.
                        Have you listened to Dragons Kiss?

Comment

martyu friedman is the guitarrist who`s style i`ve studied more.
                          he`s inimitable, full stop.
                          i like glen drover too, but no way he can be compared to marty.
                          glen plays marty`s lead work almost note by note, but he still can`t make it sound with the right feel.
                          marty`s frasing, taste and feel are unique.
                          now, i understand why dave says that stuff about glen.
                          could he say "marty was the best, but hey, glen was the best replacement i could find" ?
                          i don`t think so.

Comment

Al Pitrelli FTW!
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Al Pitrelli FTW!
                              Are you high on coffee again Joe? :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X