us guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• us guitars

with the current exchange rate between the us dollar and the pound a guitar from the states looks very nice. so a Gibson Melody Maker Dual Pickup Electric Guitar which in the UK is £500 in the states is £200. matts music does not stock Gibson what shops would you chaps recommend that could ship such and axe to me in the UK
    no sig.....

www.musiciansfriend.com
    www.guitarcenter.com

Try those, they may ship abroad.

Comment

Just fly on over and buy a guitar. Play it in your hotel room for awhile. That makes it "Used". Then all you have to do is ship it home in about 5 boxes as used guitar pieces. A Pound will get you about $2.05US.
      Last edited by fett; 11-09-2007, 02:20 PM.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by asix View Post
        matts music does not stock Gibson
        Ahh, the last time I checked, Matt does! Gibson won't let any of the dealers list on-line the guitars they offer. (Unless your the 'ole mighty GC or MF) Same goes for prices etc. on new Gibsons. Contact Matt. I'm sure he can give you a quote and/or send some pics.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
          Ahh, the last time I checked, Matt does! Gibson won't let any of the dealers list on-line the guitars they offer. (Unless your the 'ole mighty GC or MF) Same goes for prices etc. on new Gibsons. Contact Matt. I'm sure he can give you a quote and/or send some pics.
          +1, I thought Matt is a sponser on the Les Paul Forum as well.

If you want a Gibson, check out the LPF for their recommended dealers. I know a lot of guys that give props to a salesman named Saul in a shop in San Diego.

I've bought my 7 Gibsons from either ebay (3 LPs & 1 SG) or GC (1 LP and 2 SGs). Even though I hate GC with a passion, I got a fair deal on these (after long negotiating) and they are great guitars (I picked ones that had just been delivered from Gibson and hadn't been shitted on yet).
          Last edited by DonP; 11-09-2007, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            +1, I thought Matt is a sponser on the Les Paul Forum as well.

If you want a Gibson, check out the LPF for their recommended dealers. I know a lot of guys that give props to a salesman named Saul in a shop in San Diego.

I've bought my 7 Gibsons from either ebay (3 LPs & 1 SG) or GC (1 LP and 2 SGs). Even though I hate GC with a passion, I got a fair deal on these (after long negotiating) and they are great guitars (I picked ones that had just been delivered from Gibson and hadn't been shitted on yet).

+1 Yep, Matt is on the LPF.

I did a similar deal with GC on my '57 VOS Gold Top Although, it was shipped from Calif. and one hinge was broken during shipment on the case, so I had to order a new case through my local GC to swap out. And who knows how long it will take to get the case! Did you know the list on a Gibson Custom Shop case is $277? Insane!
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

cool will contact matt thought he only did customr shop stuff.
              no sig.....

Comment

Working...
              X