Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I figured out the computer crashing problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I figured out the computer crashing problem!!!

After swapping every single parton the tower, and giving up. I think I figured it out. I decided that I would just use my less "powerful" (ie most outdated) computer for the recording.

Well, I thought it was mechanically in the computer that was the issue, but i then leaned towards software. I am now leaning towards, it's the device.

While it could still be the computer, I have tried, several other recording programs, and the computer still restarts. I'm wondering if my XT live has issues all of a sudden, everything appears to be fine, however, what if it's not? The plot thickens!

I'm going to read my manual about resetting the memory in this, and then go through the updates again, and see what's up.

I just wanted to post my thoughts, since many of you tried to figure it out too, and if you're like me, you like to know the end to a story.

Have you turn the setting on so the computer doesn't restart and instead displays a blue screen with the error? I don't remember where the setting is but you can turn it on. Maybe on the properties of My Computer.

Comment

>blue screen with the error?

oh yeah, the one that says "Windows has detected that you took out the power supply from the computer. Please put it back, make sure it is properly reconnecetd, and reboot. We're sorry for the inconvenience"
      "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
      The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
      X