If you're gonna get a hernia,,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're gonna get a hernia,,,,

Long story made short, new girlfriend, radical sex for like a month, and now I have a friggin hernia, Can't say for sure if thats how I did it, but I'll be damned if can think of anything else I've done to cause it, felt some discomfort near my right groin area and could feel a noticable bump, doctor verified it was indeed a pretty nasty hernia and needs surgery, going to see the surgeon next tues, for his initial exam and hopefully surgery soon cuz this has put a hurt (literally) on the ole romance, from what I gather it should be done on an outpatient basis, just curious has anyone had hernia surgery, I know the procedure is not too bad just concerned about the recovery time
    Last edited by FusionFarmer; 11-05-2007, 01:26 PM.
    I say the boy ain't right!

Get ready for agony. I went through the same thing, in double. For the same reason too...lol! My wife is proud that she put me in the hospital with a double hernia. I had to have both sides done, and God it was an experience I will never forget!

We had to travel to Medford, Oregon for the surgery, and on the way back we stopped at the Collier Tunnel rest stop to use the bathroom. I had to literally shuffle like an old man, all of the way to the bathroom and back. And you don't go to the bathroom quickly (eg, push it), you just have to stand there and wait for it to drain on its own.

I was asked over and over by just about every nurse and doc how it happened. I would just point at my wife and she would smile. :ROTF: They were puzzled for a few until they 'got it', and then they said the same thing, 'Well, if you have to get a hernia...'.

Good luck, you will only have half the agony I had, but I guarantee you will never forget it.

Never.

Comment

I have had five and none of them were any fun.My right lower abdomen is all made of mesh and anchored to my pelvic bone.Don't let them push you around on the recovery time,it takes a while.Good luck....................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Yes, don't let them (her) push you as it takes time to recover (before you stress test your gear). GoreTex baby! If it is good enough for gloves...

Comment

Yep.
          The procedure itself is no biggie.
          Recovery or the healing process is lengthy and for good reason.

I wasn't allowed any sex or hand jpbs for 6-8 weeks, and then, had to go easy. If I felt or experienced any pain, sex was extend another 2-3 weeks.
          I got very lucky, I thought I gave myself a hernia all over again.
          I rushed the sex thing...didn't go easy and felt a sharp strong pain during sex, not good. I called the Doctor and told him the situation, went in for a emergency visit. Stupid and lucky me I was okay. Sex was put on the back burner alittle while longer. Let yourself heal before you have sex.

I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier then a single sheet of notebook paper the first 3 weeks. That included no pulling, tugging, pushing and etc the first 3 weeks as well. Whenever I felt the hernia (lack of the right way to explain it) I was instructed to sit or lay down with my feet propped up with a pillow.

Helpful info...
          My doctor suggested a stool softner the first 3-4 days.
          Made life for me much easier.
          No straining and pushing during crap jobs.
          You strain and push a turd out and you'll pop your new gasket,
          and back in for surgery you go.
          The softner softens the turd/s so they come out much much easier and fresh after a hernia surgery this very important. Even if the crap is alittle runny gravy like, this is okay and makes life easier your first 3-4 days after surgery. I can't emphasize the significance of a stool softner the first 3-4 days.

Following the doctors (post op instructions) order in regards to healing are very important. If you don't comply you'll be right back having the same hernia surgery again.
          Last edited by Soap; 11-06-2007, 02:16 AM.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i assume a hernia is a sore you get from fuckin' too much?

Comment

If that was the case wes, I would suffer from permahernia!

Simply put, a hernia is when one or both side(s) of the support structure inside your lower abdominal cavity tears, and no longer is keeping your parts where they are supposed to be. The danger is that if something flips over inside, it can strangle and really turn things into a serious mess (fast). That is why doctors are deadly serious about healing up.

Damn straight on the stool softener, especially if you are on pain killers (codeine based). Life will get real miserable, real fast, if you skip this advice. I had to quit smoking for a few weeks to stop the smokers cough, as that can be enough to re injure yourself again.

Take it easy, as this is serious shit to deal with. The surgery is in and out, but man it is some recovery. You don't know misery until you have had this done, IMO.

Comment

Wes, I know you're 14 years old, here's some advice: look things up before assuming anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernia
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

im too lazy to wiki, leave me alone

Comment

Daaaamn thats gotta hurt like a bitch!

Comment

Man, I hope you feel better. As said before, recovery instructions need to be followed. My father, had a double repaired years ago and my brother has had a single repaired. Thankfully, I have been lucky so far.

But......I did used to have an inmate that had a nasty hernia. When he first got it, it was small(normal). Thing is, he refused to let the state doctor repair it for him. It was his right to refuse medical treatment.

Years went by and the thing got immense. At the end it looked like he was carrying a medicine ball in his pants.:ROTF: It was absolutely horrifying to see. Uh..........he's dead now.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I can't say I feel sorry, you had horny animal sex for a month!

Nah, that sucks man!

I've actually got a visible hernia on my left lower leg, but it's completely harmless and comfortable. I use it as my little freak-show factoid whenever I'm somewhere: "HEY! Check out my hernia!!!" * whips up pantleg*
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I really want to get this fixed ASAP, the sex stoppage thing is going to be tough, but I gotta better, thanx for the info, the stool softener deal makes a lot of sense, thats how a lot of people get em in the first place,
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I have an umbilical hernia that occaisonally bulges out. The doctors dont want to do surgery, but my kids have named it now, LOL. Before you ask, they call it bulgy.
                            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              Man, I hope you feel better. As said before, recovery instructions need to be followed. My father, had a double repaired years ago and my brother has had a single repaired. Thankfully, I have been lucky so far.

But......I did used to have an inmate that had a nasty hernia. When he first got it, it was small(normal). Thing is, he refused to let the state doctor repair it for him. It was his right to refuse medical treatment.

Years went by and the thing got immense. At the end it looked like he was carrying a medicine ball in his pants.:ROTF: It was absolutely horrifying to see. Uh..........he's dead now.
                              prison? what u do?

Comment

Working...
                              X